Harold K. Dunn, MD
- Departments: Orthopaedics - Professor
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Academic Office Information
University Orthopaedic Center
590 Wakara Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Dr. Dunn has three areas of special interest, reconstruction of the adult hip and knee, scoliosis and biomechanics. He trained at the Baylor University College of Medicine, and completed his residency there. Dr. Dunn served for twenty-five years as chairman of the Department of Orthopedics. He occasionally lectures for the residents and does small administrative assignments. His memberships include the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Orthopedic Association, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the Scoliosis Research Society, and the Western Orthopedic Association. Dr. Dunn is the first recipient of the Louis S. Peery, M.D., Presidential Endowed Chair in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Utah.
|Residency||Baylor College University
|Residency||University of New Mexico Hospital
|Internship||Baylor College of Medicine
|Professional Medical||Baylor College University
|Undergraduate||Texas Christian University
- Smith JT, Gollogly S, Dunn HK (2005). Simultaneous anterior-posterior approach through a costotransversectomy for the treatment of congenital kyphosis and acquired kyphoscoliotic deformities. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 87(10), 2281-9.
- Peters CL, Erickson JA, Dunn HK (2003). Revision of well-fixed cementless acetabular components for polyethylene failure. Clin Orthop Relat Res, (414), 129-35.
- Schlegel TF, Burks RT, Marcus RL, Dunn HK (2001). A prospective evaluation of untreated acute grade III acromioclavicular separations. Am J Sports Med, 29(6), 699-703.
- Peters CL, Fukushima BW, Park TK, Coleman SS, Dunn HK (2001). Triple innominate osteotomy in young adults for the treatment of acetabular dysplasia: a 9-year follow-up study. Orthopedics, 24(6), 565-9.
- Peters CL, Beck M, Dunn HK (2001). Total hip arthroplasty in young adults after failed triple innominate osteotomy. J Arthroplasty, 16(2), 188-95.
- Dunn HK (1995). "Apparatus and Procedure for Verifying Prostheic Implant Seating". U.S. Patent No. 2000169. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Dunn HK (1994). "Modular Prosthesis". U.S. Patent No. T1603. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Dunn HK (1990). "Femoral Osteotomy Guide Assembly". U.S. Patent No. 4959066-ZM0131. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Dunn HK (1990). "Procedure for Verifying Prosthetic Implant Seating". U.S. Patent No. 4922898. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Dunn HK (1988). "Instruments for Shaping Distal Femoral and Proximal Tibial Surfaces". U.S. Patent No. 4759350. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Dunn HK (1981). "Orthopedic Appliance". U.S. Patent No. 5289123. Washington, D.C.:U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.