Cherie P. Brunker, MD
- Computers in Medicine
- Medication Systems
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Associate Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Geriatrics
Dr. Brunker grew up in Salt Lake City and was a Presidential Scholar and member of Phi Betta Kappa at the University of Utah where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in Chemistry. Following her fellowship in Geriatrics, she joined the University of Utah Division of Geriatrics in 1993 as an instructor in medicine, and became an Associate Professor of Medicine in 2010. She is part of the fulltime faculty at Intermountain Healthcare where she has been Chief of Geriatrics since 2003. Dr. Brunker is a member of the Center of Aging and the Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence. Dr. Brunker's research interests include care management, medical home, quality measures and healthcare delivery for older adults.
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||Deaconess Medical Center-Spokane
|Professional Medical||University of Utah Hospital School of Medicine
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
- Teerlink CC, Jurynec MJ, Hernandez R, Stevens J, Hughes DC, Brunker CP, Rowe K, Grunwald DJ, Facelli JC, Cannon-Albright LA (2020). A role for the MEGF6 gene in predisposition to osteoporosis. Ann Hum Genet, 85(2), 58-72.
- Farrell TW, Supiano KP, Wong B, Luptak MK, Luther B, Andersen TC, Wilson R, Wilby F, Yang R, Pepper GA, Brunker CP (2017). Individual versus interprofessional team performance in formulating care transition plans: A randomised study of trainees from five professional groups. J Interprof Care, 32(3), 313-320.
- Tomoaia-Cotisel A, Farrell TW, Solberg LI, Berry CA, Calman NS, Cronholm PF, Donahue KE, Driscoll DL, Hauser D, McAllister JW, Mehta SN, Reid RJ, Tai-Seale M, Wise CG, Fetters MD, Holtrop JS, Rodriguez HP, Brunker CP, McGinley EL, Day RL, Scammon DL, Harrison MI, Genevro JL, Gabbay RA, Magill MK (2016). Implementation of Care Management: An Analysis of Recent AHRQ Research. Med Care Res Rev, 75(1), 46-65.
- Weir C, Brunker C, Butler J, Supiano MA (2016). Making cognitive decision support work: Facilitating adoption, knowledge and behavior change through QI. J Biomed Inform, 71S, S32-S38.
- Atreja A, Buck M, Jain A, Brunker C, Suh TT, Harris CM, Palmer R, Wilcox A (2009). Drug-age alerting for outpatient geriatric prescriptions: a joint study using interoperable standards. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2005:886. Proc AMIA Symp, 886.
- Wilcox AB, Dorr DA, Burns L, Jones S, Poll J, Brunker C (2009). Physician Perspectives of Nurse Care Management Located in Primary Care Clinics. Care Manag J, 8(2), 58-63.
- Dorr DA, Jones SS, Burns L, Donnelly SM, Brunker CP, Wilcox A, Clayton PD (2006). Use of health-related, quality-of-life metrics to predict mortality and hospitalizations in community-dwelling seniors. J Am Geriatr Soc, 54(4), 667-73.
- Wilcox AB, Jones SS, Dorr DA, Cannon W, Burns L, Radican K, Christensen K, Brunker C, Larsen A, Narus SP, Thornton SN, Clayton PD (2006). Use and impact of a computer-generated patient summary worksheet for primary care. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 824-8.
- Atreja A, Buck M, Jain A, Brunker C, Suh TT, Harris CM, Palmer R, Wilcox A (2006). Drug-age alerting for outpatient geriatric prescriptions: a joint study using interoperable drug standards. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 886.
- Brunker CP, Widmier L, Burdon R, Door DA, Butterworth S (2009). Curriculum for Care Managers: Expanding Skill Sets (poster presentation), American Geriatrics Society, Chicago, IL [Abstract]. J Am Geriatr Soc, 57(4), S132.
- Brunker CP, Dorr DA, Czerniak S, Olsen GS (2009). The Role of Technology in Improving the Health of Older Adults(poster presentation) American Geriatrics Society, Chicago, IL [Abstract]. J Am Geriatri Soc, 57(4), S148.
- Weir C, McLeskey N, Brunker C, Brooks D, Supiano MA (2009). Keys to successful implementation of a QI-based, geriatric education intervention for primary care [Abstract]. J Am Geriatr Soc, 57(4), 56-7.