Katherine A. Sward, PhD, RN
- Nursing Informatics
- Clinical Informatics
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Informatics Standards
- Medical Informatics
- Nursing and Health Informatics
- Departments: Biomedical Informatics - Adjunct Associate Professor, Nursing - Associate Professor
- Divisions: Health Systems and Community-Based Care
Academic Office Information
421 Wakara Way, Room: 2011
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
|Doctoral Training||University of Utah
|Graduate Training||University of Utah
|Professional Nursing||Lutheran Hospital School for Nurses
- Guo JW, Sward KA, Beck SL, Staggers N (2014). Quality of reporting randomized controlled trials in cancer nursing research. Nurs Res, 63(1), 26-35.
- Guo JW, Sward K, Beck S, Wong B, Staggers N, Frey L (2014). Using a content analysis to identify study eligibility criteria concepts in cancer nursing research. Comput Inform Nurs, 32(7), 333-42.
- Hirshberg EL, Sward KA, Faustino EV, Nadkarni VM, Agus MS, Morris AH, Lacroix J (2013). Clinical equipoise regarding glycemic control: a survey of pediatric intensivist perceptions. Pediatr Crit Care Med, 14(2), 123-9.
- Jung CY, Sward KA, Haug PJ (2012). Executing medical logic modules expressed in ArdenML using Drools. J Am Med Inform Assoc, 19(4), 533-6.
- Blagev DP, Hirshberg EL, Sward K, Thompson BT, Brower R, Truwit J, Hite D, Steingrub J, Orme JF Jr, Clemmer TP, Weaver LK, Thomas F, Grissom CK, Sorenson D, Sittig DF, Wallace CJ, East TD, Warner HR, Morris AH (2012). The evolution of eProtocols that enable reproducible clinical research and care methods. J Clin Monit Comput, 26(4), 305-17.
- Newth CJ, Meert KL, Clark AE, Moler FW, Zuppa AF, Berg RA, Pollack MM, Sward KA, Berger JT, Wessel DL, Harrison RE, Reardon J, Carcillo JA, Shanley TP, Holubkov R, Dean JM, Doctor A, Nicholson CE (2012). Fatal and near-fatal asthma in children: the critical care perspective. J Pediatr, 161(2), 214-21.e3.
- Khemani RG, Sward K, Morris A, Dean JM, Newth CJ (2011). Variability in usual care mechanical ventilation for pediatric acute lung injury: the potential benefit of a lung protective computer protocol. Intensive Care Med, 37(11), 1840-8.
- Matney S, Brewster PJ, Sward KA, Cloyes KG, Staggers N (2011). Philosophical approaches to the nursing informatics data-information-knowledge-wisdom framework. ANS Adv Nurs Sci, 34(1), 6-18.
- Thompson BT, Orme JF, Zheng H, Luckett PM, Truwit JD, Willson DF, Duncan Hite R, Brower RG, Bernard GR, Curley MA, Steingrub JS, Sorenson DK, Sward K, Hirshberg E, Morris AH (2008). Multicenter validation of a computer-based clinical decision support tool for glucose control in adult and pediatric intensive care units. J Diabetes Sci Technol, 2(3), 357-68.
- Sward KA, Richardson S, Kendrick J, Maloney C (2008). Use of a Web-based game to teach pediatric content to medical students. Ambul Pediatr, 8(6), 354-9.
- Hirshberg E, Lacroix J, Sward K, Willson D, Morris AH (2008). Blood glucose control in critically ill adults and children: a survey on stated practice. Chest, 133(6), 1328-35.
- Sorenson D, Grissom CK, Carpenter L, Austin A, Sward K, Napoli L, Warner HR, Morris AH (2008). A frame-based representation for a bedside ventilator weaning protocol. J Biomed Inform, 41(3), 461-8.
- Sward K, Orme J Jr, Sorenson D, Baumann L, Morris AH (2008). Reasons for declining computerized insulin protocol recommendations: application of a framework. J Biomed Inform, 41(3), 488-97.
- Phansalkar S, Sward KA, Weir CR, Morris AH (2007). Mapping clinicians' perceptions about computerized protocol use to an IT implementation framework. Medinfo, 12(Pt 2), 1098-101.
- DBMI experts to present at AMA
- Katherine Sward, PhD, RN Katherine Sward, PhD Fellow Induction
- Reed Gardner Award goes to Kathy Sward, PhD, RN
- U of U study could change the lives of kids with asthma
- Technology to Crowdsource Complex Triggers of Pediatric Asthma