Paul A. House, MD
- Movement Disorders
- Departments: Neurosurgery - Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Divisions: Adult Neurosurgery
Academic Office Information
Clinical Neurosciences Center
175 North Medical Drive East
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Dr. House specializes in the surgical treatment of Epilepsy, Movement Disorders,Trigeminal Neuralgia, Brain Tumors, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
Paul A. House, MD surgically treats patients who suffer from epilepsy, movement disorders (including tremor, Parkinson’s disease, and dystonia), trigeminal neuralgia and brain tumors. His research interests include improving the “decoding” of movement information from the brain, understanding epileptic activity across several orders of scale, and designing new devices to provide communication with the brain.
|Fellowship||University of California - San Francisco
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||Washington University School of Medicine
|Undergraduate||University of Iowa
- Christie BP, Ashmont KR, House PA, Greger B (2016). Approaches to a cortical vision prosthesis: implications of electrode size and placement. J Neural Eng, 13(2), 025003.
- Smith EH, Liou JY, Davis TS, Merricks EM, Kellis SS, Weiss SA, Greger B, House PA, McKhann GM 2nd, Goodman RR, Emerson RG, Bateman LM, Trevelyan AJ, Schevon CA (2016). The ictal wavefront is the spatiotemporal source of discharges during spontaneous human seizures. Nat Commun, 7, 11098.
- Kellis S, Sorensen L, Darvas F, Sayres C, ONeill K 3rd, Brown RB, House P, Ojemann J, Greger B (2016). Multi-scale analysis of neural activity in humans: Implications for micro-scale electrocorticography. Clin Neurophysiol, 127(1), 591-601.
- Seyedhosseini M, Shushruth S, Davis T, Ichida JM, House PA, Greger B, Angelucci A, Tasdizen T (2015). Informative features of local field potential signals in primary visual cortex during natural image stimulation. J Neurophysiol, 113(5), 1520-32.
- Fernandez E, Greger B, House PA, Aranda I, Botella C, Albisua J, Soto-Sanchez C, Alfaro A, Normann RA (2014). Acute human brain responses to intracortical microelectrode arrays: challenges and future prospects. Front Neuroeng, 7, 24.
- Smith E, Duede S, Hanrahan S, Davis T, House P, Greger B (2013). Seeing is Believing: Neural Representations of Visual Stimuli in Human Auditory Cortex Correlate with Illusory Auditory Perceptions. PLoS ONE, 8(9), e73148.
- Smith E, Kellis S, House P, Greger B (2013). Decoding stimulus identity from multi-unit activity and local field potentials along the ventral auditory stream in the awake primate: implications for cortical neural prostheses. J Neural Eng, 10(1), 016010.