Stefani J. Day, MD
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Instructor
- Divisions: Family Medicine
- American Board of Family Medicine
Academic Office Information
Central City Community Health Center
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of Michigan
|Undergraduate||University of Kansas
- Geraghty JG, Day S, Audisio RA, Luca F, Filiberti A, Costa A (2001 Dec). Attitudes towards intramural continuing medical education: a european perspective. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl), 10(4), 256-60.
- Day SJ, Hulliger M (2001 Nov). Experimental simulation of cat electromyogram: evidence for algebraic summation of motor-unit action-potential trains. J Neurophysiol, 86(5), 2144-58.
- Hatton MW, Day S, Southward SM, Dereske M, Ross B, Seidlitz E, Singh G, Richardson M (2001 Aug). Metabolism of rabbit angiostatin glycoforms I and II in rabbits: angiostatin-I leaves the intravascular space faster and appears to have greater anti-angiogenic activity than angiostatin-II. J Lab Clin Med, 138(2), 83-93.
- Sahler OJ, Babbott D, Day S, McMillan J, Schuster B, Gugelchuk G, Davidson R, First LR (2001 Apr). What did we learn about national organizational collaboration at the advisory committee level? Acad Med, 76(4 Suppl), S43-8.
- Kim CJ, Day S, Yeh KA (2001 Feb). Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: analysis of clinical and pathologic factors. Am Surg, 67(2), 135-7.
- Nicoll-Griffith DA, Silva JM, Chauret N, Day S, Leblanc Y, Roy P, Yergey JA, Dixit R, Patrick D (2001 Feb). Application of rat hepatocyte culture to predict in vivo metabolic auto-induction: studies with DFP, a cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor. Drug Metab Dispos, 29(2), 159-65.
- Elliott V, Morgan S, Day S, Mollerup LS, Wang W (2001 Feb). Parental Health Beliefs and Compliance With Prophylactic Penicillin Administration in Children With Sickle Cell Disease. Am J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 23(2), 112-116.
- Elliott V, Morgan S, Day S, Mollerup LS, Wang W (2001 Feb). Parental health beliefs and compliance with prophylactic penicillin administration in children with sickle cell disease. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol, 23(2), 112-6.
- Hulliger M, Day SJ, Guimares A, Herzog W, Zhang YT (2001 Jan). A new method for experimental simulation of EMG using multi-channel independent stimulation of small groups of motor units. Motor Control, 5(1), 61-87.
- Peters ER, Pickering AD, Kent A, Glasper A, Irani M, David AS, Day S, Hemsley DR (2000 Aug). The relationship between cognitive inhibition and psychotic symptoms. J Abnorm Psychol, 109(3), 386-95.
- Ward H, Pallecaros A, Green A, Day S (2000 Aug). Health issues associated with increasing use of "crack" cocaine among female sex workers in London. Sex Transm Infect, 76(4), 292-3.
- Cook JT, Day S, Dunn PP, Welsh KI, Bunce M (2000 Aug). Identification of a new HLA-B*39 allele: HLA-B*3924. Tissue Antigens, 56(2), 178-9.
- Raab GM, Day S, Sales J (2000 Aug). How to select covariates to include in the analysis of a clinical trial. Controlled Clin Trials, 21(4), 330-42.
- Bunce M, Procter J, Dunn PP, Day S, Ross J, Welsh KI (2000 Jan). Identification of the null HLA-A2 allele, A*0232N. Tissue Antigens, 55(1), 31-6.
- Kostyukov AI, Day S, Hellstrom F, Radovanovic S, Ljubisavljevic M, Windhorst U, Johansson H (2000). Fatigue-related changes in electomyogram activity of the cat gastrocnemius during frequency-modulated efferent stimulation. Neuroscience, 97(4), 801-9.
- Day S, van Dam M, Buckland E, Dunn PP, Ross J (2000 Jan). Identification of a novel allele, B*15012, by polymerase chain reaction using sequence-specific primers (PCR-SSP) and sequence-based typing. Tissue Antigens, 55(1), 78-9.
- Carter V, Dunn PP, Cavanagh G, Day S, Ross J, Chapman C (2000 Jan). An HLB-B null allele (B*0808N) caused by a nucleotide deletion in exon 3, found in the family of a bone marrow transplant recipient. Tissue Antigens, 55(1), 61-4.
- Dunn PP, Carter V, Dunn A, Day S, Fuggle SV, Ross J, Cavanagh G (2000 Jan). Identification of an HLA-B7 serological variant and its characterization by sequencing based typing. Tissue Antigens, 55(1), 71-3.
- Jones ML, Day S, Creely J, Woodland MB, Gerdes JB (1999 Dec). Implementation of a clinical pathway system in maternal newborn care: a comprehensive documentation system for outcomes management. J Perinat Neonatal Nurs, 13(3), 1-20.
- Day S (1999 Oct). The development of an in-house leg ulcer management course. J Wound Care, 8(9), 476-8.
- Ward H, Day S, Weber J (1999 Oct). Risky business: health and safety in the sex industry over a 9 year period. Sex Transm Infect, 75(5), 340-3.
- Hatton MW, Day S, Ross B, Southward SM, DeReske M, Richardson M (1999 Sep). Plasminogen II accumulates five times faster than plasminogen I at the site of a balloon de-endothelializing injury in vivo to the rabbit aorta: comparison with other hemostatic proteins. J Lab Clin Med, 134(3), 260-6.
- Gollapudi BB, Charles JM, Linscombe VA, Day SJ, Bus JS (1999 Jul 21). Evaluation of the genotoxicity of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid and its derivatives in mammalian cell cultures. Mutat Res, 444(1), 217-25.
- Morrell G, Whalley J, Stewart A, Day S, Lewis L, Makar Y, Fuggle SV, Ross J, Dunn PP (1999 Jun). Identification of an HLA-A11 serological variant and its characterization by sequencing based typing. Tissue Antigens, 53(6), 591-4.
- Day S, van Dam M, Buckland E, Dunn PP, Ross J (1999 May). Identification of a new variant, HLA-Cw*1507, differing from Cw*1502 only at the KIR-related dimorphism of codons 77 and 80. Tissue Antigens, 53(5), 513-5.
- Brown S, Day S, Donnelly A (1999 May). Indirect evidence of human skeletal muscle damage and collagen breakdown after eccentric muscle actions. J Sports Sci, 17(5), 397-402.
- Halvorson DJ, Day S, Christian DR Jr, Porubsky ES (1999 Apr). Flow cytometry and squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary sinus: A possible prognostic indicator for multimodality intervention. Oncology, 56(3), 248-52.
- Peters E, Day S, McKenna J, Orbach G (1999 Mar). Delusional ideation in religious and psychotic populations. Br J Clin Psychol, 38 ( Pt 1), 83-96.
- Scott I, Dunn PP, Day S, Pesoa S, Little AM, Madrigal JA, Vullo C (1999 Feb). A novel HLA allele, HLA-B*5113, identified in the Kolla Amerindians of North-West Argentina. Tissue Antigens, 53(2), 194-7.
- Child R, Brown S, Day S, Donnelly A, Roper H, Saxton J (1999 Jan). Changes in indices of antioxidant status, lipid peroxidation and inflammation in human skeletal muscle after eccentric muscle actions. Clin Sci (Lond), 96(1), 105-15.
- Day S, Ward H, Ison C, Bell G, Weber J (1998 Dec). Sexual networks: the integration of social and genetic data. Soc Sci Med, 47(12), 1981-92.
- Bell G, Ward H, Day S, Ghani AC, Goan U, Claydon E, Kinghorn GR (1998 Dec). Partner notification for gonorrhoea: a comparative study with a provincial and a metropolitan UK clinic. Sex Transm Infect, 74(6), 409-14.
- Dunn PP, Day S, Harvey J, Fuggle SV, Ross J (1998 Dec). Identification of an HLA-C variant allele, Cw*0805, by sequencing based typing. Tissue Antigens, 52(6), 587-9.
- Day S, Ward H, Ghani A, Bell G, Goan U, Parker M, Claydon E, Ison C, Kinghorn G, Weber J (1998 Nov). Sexual histories, partnerships and networks associated with the transmission of gonorrhoea. Int J STD AIDS, 9(11), 666-71.
- Day S, Fayers P, Harvey D (1998 Feb). Double data entry: what value, what price? Controlled Clin Trials, 19(1), 15-24.
- Parker M, Ward H, Day S (1998 Jan). Sexual networks and the transmission of HIV in London. J Biosoc Sci, 30(1), 63-83.
- Gollapudi BB, Cieszlak FS, Day SJ, Carney EW (1998). Dominant lethal test with rats exposed to 1,3-dichloropropene by inhalation. Environ Mol Mutagen, 32(4), 351-9.
- Webb JM, Williams D, Ivory JP, Day S, Williamson DM (1998 Jan). The use of cold compression dressings after total knee replacement: a randomized controlled trial. Orthopedics, 21(1), 59-61.
- Day SJ, Nelson M, Rosenthal H, Vergara GG, Bridge JA (1997 Dec). Der(16)t(1;16)(q21;q13) as a secondary structural aberration in yet a third sarcoma, extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma. Genes Chromosomes Cancer, 20(4), 425-7.
- Day S, Ward H (1997 Jun). Sex workers and the control of sexually transmitted disease. Genitourin Med, 73(3), 161-8.
- Guttridge MG, Hudson L, Williams H, Dunn P, Day S, Darke C (1997 Jun). Identification and nucleotide sequence of two novel DRB3 alleles, DRB3*0102 and DRB3*010133. Tissue Antigens, 49(6), 665-7.
- Dolin PJ, Faal H, Johnson GJ, Minassian D, Sowa S, Day S, Ajewole J, Mohamed AA, Foster A (1997 May 24). Reduction of trachoma in a sub-Saharan village in absence of a disease control programme. Lancet, 349(9064), 1511-2.
- Luo G, Torri A, Harte WE, Danetz S, Cianci C, Tiley L, Day S, Mullaney D, Yu KL, Ouellet C, Dextraze P, Meanwell N, Colonno R, Krystal M (1997 May). Molecular mechanism underlying the action of a novel fusion inhibitor of influenza A virus. J Virol, 71(5), 4062-70.
- Williams S, Burton EM, Day S, Hanley M, Mercado-Deane MG, Rogers DA (1996 Dec). Combined sequestration, bronchogenic cyst, and dysgenetic lung simulating congenital lobar emphysema. South Med J, 89(12), 1220-2.
- Ghani AC, Ison CA, Ward H, Garnett GP, Bell G, Kinghorn GR, Weber J, Day S (1996 Nov-Dec). Sexual partner networks in the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases. An analysis of gonorrhea cases in Sheffield, UK. Sex Transm Dis, 23(6), 498-503.
- Prasher VP, Day S (1995 Aug). Brief report: obsessive-compulsive disorder in adults with Down's Syndrome. J Autism Dev Disord, 25(4), 453-8.
- Sacristan JA, Day SJ, Navarro O, Ramos J, Hernandez JM (1995 Jul-Aug). Use of confidence intervals and sample size calculations in health economic studies. Ann Pharmacother, 29(7-8), 719-25.
- Quartey-Papafio R, Lund T, Chandler P, Picard J, Ozegbe P, Day S, Hutchings PR, OReilly L, Kioussis D, Simpson E, et al (1995 May 15). Aspartate at position 57 of nonobese diabetic I-Ag7 beta-chain diminishes the spontaneous incidence of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. J Immunol, 154(10), 5567-75.
- Day S (1995). Vision development in the monocular individual: implications for the mechanisms of normal binocular vision development and the treatment of infantile esotropia. Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc, 93, 523-81.
- Birkett MA, Day SJ (1994 Dec 15-30). Internal pilot studies for estimating sample size. Stat Med, 13(23-24), 2455-63.
- Baxter AG, Horsfall AC, Healey D, Ozegbe P, Day S, Williams DG, Cooke A (1994 Oct). Mycobacteria precipitate an SLE-like syndrome in diabetes-prone NOD mice. Immunology, 83(2), 227-31.
- Day S, Raymond PA, Clay TM, Wood NA, Bidwell JL (1994 Oct). DR7-Dw17 and DR7-DwDB1 haplotypes contain different alleles of the HLA-DRB7 pseudogene. Eur J Immunogenet, 21(5), 383-6.
- Guimaraes AC, Herzog W, Hulliger M, Zhang YT, Day S (1994 Aug). Effects of muscle length on the EMG-force relationship of the cat soleus muscle studied using non-periodic stimulation of ventral root filaments. J Exp Biol, 193, 49-64.
- Day S (1994 Apr 9). Hot bacteria & other ancestors. New Sci, 142(1920), 21-5.
- Day S (1994 Apr). Attitudes to contraception among Asian women in Britain. Prof Care Mother Child, 4(3), 66-9.
- Cummings MH, Day S, Norton S, Cook G, Alexander WD (1994 Mar). Petrol octane booster and methaemoglobinaemia. J Intern Med, 235(3), 279-80.
- Guimaraes AC, Herzog W, Hulliger M, Zhang YT, Day S (1994 Jan). EMG-force relationship of the cat soleus muscle studied with distributed and non-periodic stimulation of ventral root filaments. J Exp Biol, 186, 75-93.
- Drut RM, Day S, Drut R, Meisner L (1994 Jan-Feb). Demonstration of Epstein-Barr viral DNA in paraffin-embedded tissues of Burkitt's lymphoma from Argentina using the polymerase chain reaction and in situ hybridization. Pediatr Pathol, 14(1), 101-9.
- Irving WL, Day S, Johnston ID (1993 Dec). Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and hepatitis C virus infection. Am Rev Respir Dis, 148(6 Pt 1), 1683-4.
- Hanley JP, Dolan G, Day S, Skidmore SJ, Irving WL (1993 Nov). Interaction of hepatitis B and hepatitis C infection in haemophilia. Br J Haematol, 85(3), 611-2.
- Day S, Dancy R, Kelly K, Wang W (1993 Nov-Dec). Iron overload? In sickle cell disease? MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs, 18(6), 330-5.
- Day S, Ward H, Perrotta L (1993 Aug 7). Prostitution and risk of HIV: male partners of female prostitutes. BMJ, 307(6900), 359-61.
- Ward H, Day S, Mezzone J, Dunlop L, Donegan C, Farrar S, Whitaker L, Harris JR, Miller DL (1993 Aug 7). Prostitution and risk of HIV: female prostitutes in London. BMJ, 307(6900), 356-8.
- Irving WL, Day S, Bennett D, Eglin RP, Flanagan P, Nuttall P, James V (1993). Use of anti-GOR testing in the screening of blood donors for hepatitis C virus infection. Vox Sang, 65(1), 38-41.
- Davenport ES, Day S, Hardie JM, Smith JM (1992 Sep). A comparison between commercial kits and conventional methods for enumeration of salivary mutans streptococci and lactobacilli. Community Dent Health, 9(3), 261-71.
- McIntyre AS, Thompson DG, Day S, Burnham WR, Walker ER (1992 Aug). Modulation of human upper intestinal nutrient transit by a beta adrenoreceptor mediated pathway. Gut, 33(8), 1062-70.
- Parsons L, Day S (1992 Jun). Improving obstetric outcomes in ethnic minorities: an evaluation of health advocacy in Hackney. J Public Health Med, 14(2), 183-91.
- Day S, Klein BL (1992 Apr). Popsicle panniculitis. Pediatr Emerg Care, 8(2), 91-3.
- Day S, Brunson G, Wang W (1992 Feb). A successful education program for parents of infants with newly diagnosed sickle cell disease. J Pediatr Nurs, 7(1), 52-7.
- Li TM, Swash M, Alberman E, Day SJ (1991 Nov). Diagnosis of motor neuron disease by neurologists: a study in three countries. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 54(11), 980-3.
- Fox J, Menlove RL, Day S, Clemmer TP, Thomas F, Vincent GM (1991 Oct). An evaluation of potential prognostic indicators in cardiac patients. J Air Med Transp, 10(10), 18, 20-22, 24 passim.
- Grace K, Amphlett E, Day S, Lemon S, Sangar D, Rowlands DJ, Clarke BE (1991 May). In vitro translation of hepatitis A virus subgenomic RNA transcripts. J Gen Virol, 72 ( Pt 5), 1081-6.
- Day SJ, Graham DF (1991 Jan). Sample size estimation for comparing two or more treatment groups in clinical trials. Stat Med, 10(1), 33-43.
- Henderson L, Kennard C, Crawford TJ, Day S, Everitt BS, Goodrich S, Jones F, Park DM (1991 Jan). Scales for rating motor impairment in Parkinson's disease: studies of reliability and convergent validity. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry, 54(1), 18-24.
- Rose G, Day S (1990 Nov 3). The population mean predicts the number of deviant individuals. BMJ, 301(6759), 1031-4.
- Kendall GP, Thompson DG, Day SJ, Lennard-Jones JE (1990 Sep). Inter- and intraindividual variation in pressure-volume relations of the rectum in normal subjects and patients with the irritable bowel syndrome. Gut, 31(9), 1062-8.
- Blackband SJ, Chatham JC, ODell W, Day S (1990 Aug). Echo planar imaging of isolated perfused rat hearts at 4.7 T: a comparison of Langendorff and working heart preparations. Magn Reson Med, 15(2), 240-5.
- Wong FS, Day SJ (1990 Jul). An investigation of factors influencing the longevity of restorations in primary molars. J Int Assoc Dent Child, 20(1), 11-6.
- Lavizzo-Mourey R, Beck LH, Diserens D, Day S, Johnson J, Forciea MA, Sims RV (1990 Mar-Apr). Integrating residency training in geriatrics into existing outpatient curricula. J Gen Intern Med, 5(2), 126-31.
- Bellis DJ, Day S, Barnes PK (1990 Feb). The chronotropic effect of acetylcholine in the presence of vecuronium and atracurium. A study in the isolated perfused rabbit heart. Anaesthesia, 45(2), 118-9.
- Criswell J, McKenzie S, Day S, Disley J, Bruce WE, Soni N (1990 Feb). The Bain, ADE, and Enclosed Magill breathing systems. A comparative study during controlled ventilation. Anaesthesia, 45(2), 113-7.
- OBrien JD, Thompson DG, Day SJ, Burnham WR, Walker E (1989 Nov). Perturbation of upper gastrointestinal transit and antroduodenal motility by experimentally applied stress: the role of beta-adrenoreceptor mediated pathways. Gut, 30(11), 1530-9.
- McCullough MA, Day S, Herlihy E, Rapp P (1989 Oct). Using a multidisciplinary follow-up program to assist patient adjustment following temporal lobectomy. J Neurosci Nurs, 21(5), 295-304.
- Wong FS, Day SJ (1989 Oct). Life-span of amalgam restorations in primary molars: some results and comments on statistical analyses. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, 17(5), 248-51.
- Angel CA, Warford A, Day SJ, Lauder I (1989 Oct). Comparative quality assessment in immunocytochemistry: pilot study of CD15 staining in paraffin wax embedded tissue in Hodgkin's disease. J Clin Pathol, 42(10), 1096-100.
- Day SJ, Graham DF (1989 Sep 9). Sample size and power for comparing two or more treatment groups in clinical trials. BMJ, 299(6700), 663-5.
- Green R, Day S, Bamford J (1989 Aug). A comparative evaluation of four hearing aid selection procedures. I--Speech discrimination measures of benefit. British Journal of Audiology, 23(3), 185-99.
- Green R, Day S, Bamford J (1989 Aug). A comparative evaluation of four hearing-aid selection procedures. II--Quality judgements as measures of benefit. British Journal of Audiology, 23(3), 201-6.
- Dodd P, Day SJ, Goldhill DR, MacLeod DM, Withington PS, Yate PM (1989 Jan). Glycopyrronium requirements for antagonism of the muscarinic side effects of edrophonium. Br J Anaesth, 62(1), 77-81.
- Turnbull GK, Thompson DG, Day S, Martin J, Walker E, Lennard-Jones JE (1989 Jan). Relationships between symptoms, menstrual cycle and orocaecal transit in normal and constipated women. Gut, 30(1), 30-4.
- Day S, Ward H, Harris JR (1988 Dec 17). Prostitute women and public health. BMJ, 297(6663), 1585.
- Day SJ (1988 Nov). Optimal placebo response rates for comparing two binomial proportions. Stat Med, 7(11), 1187-94.
- Roper J, Day S (1988 May). Uptake of immunisations in low birthweight infants. Arch Dis Child, 63(5), 518-21.
- Levack B, Rassmussen GL, Day S, Freeman MA (1988 Feb). Range of movement poor index of hip function. Acta Orthop Scand, 59(1), 14-5.
- Kendall GP, Thompson DG, Day SJ (1987 Jun). Motor responses of the small intestine to intraluminal distension in normal volunteers and a patient with visceral neuropathy. Gut, 28(6), 714-20.
- Taylor EH, Walker EM Jr, Bartelt M, Day S, Pappas AA (1987 May-Jun). In vitro antimicrobial activity of diethyldithiocarbamate and dimethyldithiocarbamate against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus. Ann Clin Lab Sci, 17(3), 171-7.
- Silman AJ, Day SJ, Haskard DO (1987 Mar). Factors associated with joint mobility in an adolescent population. Ann Rheum Dis, 46(3), 209-12.
- Kendall GP, Thompson DG, Day SJ, Garvie N (1987 Mar). Motor responses of the oesophagus to intraluminal distension in normal subjects and patients with oesophageal clearance disorders. Gut, 28(3), 272-9.
- Hasel KW, Day S, Millward S, Richardson CD, Bellini WJ, Greer PA (1987). Characterization of cloned measles virus mRNAs by in vitro transcription, translation, and immunoprecipitation. Intervirology, 28(1), 26-39.
- Li TM, Day SJ, Alberman E, Swash M (1986 Sep 27). Differential diagnosis of motoneurone disease from other neurological conditions. Lancet, 2(8509), 731-3.
- Parsons L, Day SJ (1986 Sep). Do wet suits affect swimming speed? Br J Sports Med, 20(3), 129-31.
- Walker RA, Sanderson PR, Day SJ (1986 Jul). The utilization of [3H] sugars by non-malignant and malignant human breast. J Pathol, 149(3), 173-81.
- Walker RA, Day SJ (1986 Jun). The expression of fucosylated type 2 blood group chains in human breast and their significance. J Pathol, 149(2), 113-20.
- Alberman E, Watson E, Mitchell P, Day S (1986 Mar). The development of performance and cost indicators for preschool immunisation. Arch Dis Child, 61(3), 251-6.
- Walker RA, Day SJ (1986 Mar). Transferrin receptor expression in non-malignant and malignant human breast tissue. J Pathol, 148(3), 217-24.
- OBrien JD, Day SJ, Burnham WR (1986 Mar 1). Controlled trial of small bipolar probe in bleeding peptic ulcers. Lancet, 1(8479), 464-7.
- Silman AJ, Haskard D, Day S (1986 Jan). Distribution of joint mobility in a normal population: results of the use of fixed torque measuring devices. Ann Rheum Dis, 45(1), 27-30.
- Walker RA, Day SJ (1986). Expression of the antigen detected by the monoclonal antibody Ca 19.9 in human breast tissues. Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat Histopathol, 409(3), 375-83.
- Valmassy RL, Day S (1985 Sep). Congenital dislocation of the hip. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc, 75(9), 466-71.
- Day S (1985 Mar 21). Impetus and resources for nurse planners. Nurs Stand, (389), 5.
- Loke YW, Day S, Butterworth B, Potter B (1984 May-Jun). Monoclonal antibody to human cytotrophoblast cross-reacts with basal layers of some fetal epithelial surfaces. Placenta, 5(3), 199-204.
- Loke YW, Day S (1984 Apr-May). Monoclonal antibody to human cytotrophoblast. Am J Reprod Immunol, 5(3), 106-8.
- Day S (1982 Sep). Mother-infant activities as providers of sensory stimulation. Am J Occup Ther, 36(9), 579-85.
- Loke YW, Eremin O, Ashby J, Day S (1982 Apr). Characterization of the phagocytic cells isolated from the human placenta. J Reticuloendothel Soc, 31(4), 317-24.
- Taylor D, Day S, Tiedemann K, Chessels J, Marshall WC, Constable IJ (1981 Jul). Chorioretinal biopsy in a patient with leukaemia. Br J Ophthalmol, 65(7), 489-93.
- Taylor D, Ramsay J, Day S, Dillon M (1981 Mar). Infarction of the optic nerve head in children with accelerated hypertension. Br J Ophthalmol, 65(3), 153-60.
- Ninane J, Taylor D, Day S (1980 Mar 1). The eye as a sanctuary in acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Lancet, 1(8166), 452-3.
- Day S, Abramowitz J, Hunzicker-Dunn M, Birnbaumer L (1979). Interactions among estrogen, prolactin and luteinizing hormone at the level of adenylyl cyclase in the corpus luteum: findings and physiological correlates. Adv Exp Med Biol, 112, 663-77.
- Lim DV, Smith RD, Day S (1979 Jan). Evaluation of an improved rapid coagglutination method for the serological grouping of beta-hemolytic streptococci. Can J Microbiol, 25(1), 40-3.
- Kim CJ, Day S, Yeh KA (2001 Feb). Metastatic soft tissue squamous cell carcinoma. [Review]. Am Surg, 67(2), 111-4.
- Day SJ, Altman DG (2000 Aug 19-26). Statistics notes: blinding in clinical trials and other studies. [Review]. BMJ, 321(7259), 504.
- Day SJ, Lawrence PA (2000 Jul). Measuring dimensions: the regulation of size and shape. [Review]. Development, 127(14), 2977-87.
- MacIntyre NR, Day S (1992 Sep). Essentials for ventilator-alarm systems. [Review]. Respir Care, 37(9), 1108-12.
- Wang W, Day S, Turner E, Bhakta M, Erickson S (1992 May). Medical management and prevention guidelines for children with sickle cell disease. [Review]. J Tenn Med Assoc, 85(5), 209-14.
- Day S, McCloskey K, Orr R, Bolte R, Notterman D, Hackel A (1991 Oct). Pediatric interhospital critical care transport: consensus of a national leadership conference. [Review]. Pediatrics, 88(4), 696-704.
- Day S (1988 Dec). Prostitute women and AIDS: anthropology. [Review]. AIDS, 2(6), 421-8.
- Day S (2001 Oct). Choosing and using services for sexual health: women's views. Sex Transm Infect, 77(5), 305-6.
- Day S (2001 Aug). Re: Adaptive double data entry [Letter to the editor]. Controlled Clin Trials, 22(4), 401.
- Day S, Ward H (2001 Jul 28). Violence towards female prostitutes. Violence in sex work extends to more than risks from clients [Letter to the editor]. BMJ, 323(7306), 230.
- Day S (2001 Jun). Using permuted blocks to register and randomize patients in clinical trials [Letter to the editor]. Controlled Clin Trials, 22(3), 264-5.
- Day S (2000 Sep 23). Timings inquiry [Letter to the editor]. Br Dent J, 189(6), 287-8.
- Day S (1998 Jun). Lasers in places of public entertainment [Letter to the editor]. J Radiol Prot, 18(2), 139-40.
- Donegan C, Ward H, Day S (1996 Dec). Services for female prostitutes in genitourinary medicine clinics in the UK [Letter to the editor]. Genitourin Med, 72(6), 450-1.
- Day S, Ison C, Ward H, Weber J (1993 Dec 18-25). Genetic techniques and surveillance of tuberculosis [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 342(8886-8887), 1559-60.
- Irving WL, Day S, Eglin RP, Bennett DP, Neal KR, Jones DA, James V (1993 Mar 27). Hepatitis C in blood donors [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 341(8848), 835-6.
- Ward H, Day S (1992 Jun 20). Recording HIV status on police computers [Letter to the editor]. BMJ, 304(6842), 1635-6.
- Irving WL, Day S, Eglin RP, Bennett DP, Jones DA, Nuttall P, James V (1992 Jun 6). HCV and PCR negativity [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 339(8806), 1425.
- Day S (1991 Aug 31). Controlled trials in single subjects [Letter to the editor]. BMJ, 303(6801), 522.
- Day SJ (1988 Dec 17). Clinical trial numbers and confidence intervals of pre-specified size [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 2(8625), 1427.
- Day SJ (1988 Sep 3). Dose ranging study of tissue plasminogen activator in acute myocardial infarction [Letter to the editor]. BMJ, 297(6648), 623.
- Day SJ, Evans SJ (1988 Jun). Guidelines on statistical methods [Letter to the editor]. J Dent, 16(3), 150.
- Silman AJ, Day SJ (1987 Oct). Use of Beighton score to compare joint mobility between groups [Letter to the editor]. Br J Rheumatol, 26(5), 394.
- Evans SJ, Day SJ (1987 Apr 4). Measures of nutrition [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 1(8536), 813-4.
- Ward H, Day S, Harris JR (1987 Feb 14). Widespread use of condoms and low prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases in Danish non-drug addicts [Letter to the editor]. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed), 294(6569), 444.
- Thorne J, Day SJ (1986 Dec 6). Effect of aspirin on pruritus [Letter to the editor]. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed), 293(6560), 1502.
- Selby D, Ashwood E, Day S (1986 Nov). Idiosyncratic reaction to pancuronium [Letter to the editor]. Anaesth Intensive Care, 14(4), 467-8.