Daniel V. Kinikini, MD
- Secondary Prevention in Vascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Natural History
- Departments: Surgery - Assistant Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Vascular Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Sub: General Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Sub: General Vascular Surgery)
Daniel V. Kinikini, M.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Utah School of Medicine. He began his medical career here at the University of Utah, receiving his M.D. in 1997. He completed two years of a residency in Family Medicine in Boise, Idaho before beginning a residency in General Surgery at San Joaquin General Hospital, Stockton, California in 1999. Upon completion of this residency he returned once again to Utah for fellowship training in Vascular Surgery. He became a member of the division upon fellowship graduation. In 2013, Dr. Kinikini was named the Section Chief of Vascular Surgery at George Wahlen Veterans Hospital in Salt Lake City. In December 2014, Dr. Kinikini moved his practice solely to the Veteran's Hospital.
His research interests include secondary prevention in vascular disease and abdominal aortic aneurysms.
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Residency||San Joaquin General Hospital
|Internship||San Joaquin General Hospital
|Residency||Family Practice Residency of Idaho
|Professional Medical||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
|Other Training||United States Military Academy
- Bartline PB, McKellar SH, Kinikini DV (2016). Resection of a Large Innominate Vein Aneurysm in a Patient with Neurofibromatosis Type 1. Ann Vasc Surg, 30, 157.e1-5.
- Dember LM, Imrey PB, Beck GJ, Cheung AK, Himmelfarb J, Huber TS, Kusek JW, Roy-Chaudhury P, Vazquez MA, Alpers CE, Robbin ML, Vita JA, Greene T, Gassman JJ, Feldman HI, Hemodialysis Fistula Maturation Study Group (1/2014). Objectives and design of the hemodialysis fistula maturation study. Am J Kidney Dis, 63(1), 104-12.
- Potter MQ, Lawrence BD, Kinikini DV, Brodke DS (2013). Periaortic pedicle screw removal with endovascular control of the aorta and intraoperative aortography: a case report and review of the literature. Evid Based Spine Care J, 4(2), 149-53.
- Brant-Zawadzki P, Kinikini DV, Kraiss LW (2007). Deep leg vein reconstruction for an isolated mycotic common iliac artery aneurysm in an HIV-positive patient. Vascular, 15(2), 98-101.
- Beals, TC, Severson EP, Kinikini D, Aoki S (2010). Complex Achilles reconstruction for massive soft tissue loss: allograft, autograft, and use of a temporary cement spacer. J Orthop Trauma, 24(8), e78-80.
- Shelgikar C, Mohebali J, Sarfati MR, Mueller MT, Kinikini DV, Kraiss LW (2010). A design modification to minimize tilting of an inferior vena cava filter does not deliver a clinical benefit. J Vasc Surg, 52(4), 920-4.
- Kimball EJ, Adams DM, Kinikini DV, Mone MC, Alder SC (2009). Delayed abdominal closure in the management of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Vascular, 17(6), 309-15.