Bernard A. LaSalle, BS
- Medical Ethics
- Clinical Trials
- Research Data Warehouse
- Research Data Governance
- Biomedical Informatics
- Genomic and Personalized Medicine
- Electronic Health Record Systems
- Departments: Biomedical Informatics - Instructor (Clinical)
Academic Office Information
421 Wakara Way, Room: 140
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Bernard (Bernie) A. LaSalle earned his BS in Biology from the University of Utah. He is a clinical instructor in the Department of Biomedical Informatics with a focus on research data management, terminology and data integration. He is also the Operations Director of the Biomedical Research Informatics Service Core, which is part of the Center for Clinical and Translational Science.
His areas of expertise include the following: clinical research data management, database design, clinical trials, data ethics, and biospecimen management.
Bernie is currently an American Medical Informatics Association Scientific Program Committee memeber (2014-2015), teaches the MSCI 6020 course: Clinical Research Data Management (2003 -present) and is a facilitatior for the Foundations in Medicine Case Based Learning program (2013 - present)
“When I first started in the field of clinical research informatics I realized the best way for me to contribute was to help investigators collect and analyze their data. Later in my career, I became very interested in data ethics, security, privacy and data quality issues; as a collaborator in academic medical research, I became aware of the importance of promoting these concepts on behalf of research participants.”
Google Scholar: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=mcVNjdkAAAAJ&hl=en
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
- Poruk KE, Davis RH, Smart AL, Chisum BS, Lasalle BA, Chan GM, Gill G, Reyna SP, Swoboda KJ (2012). Observational study of caloric and nutrient intake, bone density, and body composition in infants and children with spinal muscular atrophy type I. Neuromuscul Disord, 22(11), 966-73.
- Bulaj ZJ, Ajioka RS, Phillips JD, LaSalle BA, Jorde LB, Griffen LM, Edwards CQ, Kushner JP (2000). Disease-related conditions in relatives of patients with hemochromatosis. N Engl J Med, 343(21), 1529-35.
- Zone JJ, LaSalle BA, Provost TT (1982). Induction of IgA circulating immune complexes after wheat feeding in dermatitis herpetiformis patients. J Invest Dermatol, 78(5), 375-80.
- LaSalle BA, Brashaw RL, Matney SA (2010). Maximizing Project Cure SMA Data Value From Multiple Clinical Trials, 14th Annual International SMA Research Group Meeting, Santa Clara, CA [Abstract].
- LaSalle BA (2001). Overview of the Bioinformatics Initiative Within the GCRC Program of the National Center for Research Resources. Atlanta, GA, Joint Statistical Meeting [Abstract].