Gwendolyn A. McMillin, BA, PhD, MA
- Departments: Pathology - Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Clinical Pathology
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (Sub: Clinical Chemistry)
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (Sub: Toxicological Chemistry)
Academic Office Information
500 Chipeta Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Dr. McMillin is a Medical Director of the Toxicology and Trace Elements laboratories and Co-Medical Director of Pharmacogenetics at ARUP, as well as a Professor of Pathology at the University of Utah School of Medicine. Dr. McMillin is certified by the American Board of Clinical Chemistry in clinical chemistry and toxicological chemistry.
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine
|Doctoral Training||University of Utah
Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Krasowski MD, McMillin GA, Melanson SEF, Dizon A, Magnani B, Snozek CLH (2019). Interpretation and Utility of Drug of Abuse Screening Immunoassays: Insights From Laboratory Drug Testing Proficiency Surveys. Arch Pathol Lab Med, 144(2), 177-184.
- Kim K, McMillin GA, Bernard PS, Tantravahi S, Walker BS, Schmidt RL (2019). Cost effectiveness of therapeutic drug monitoring for imatinib administration in chronic myeloid leukemia. PLoS ONE, 14(12), e0226552.
- Gaedigk A, Turner A, Everts RE, Scott SA, Aggarwal P, Broeckel U, McMillin GA, Melis R, Boone EC, Pratt VM, Kalman LV (2019). Characterization of Reference Materials for Genetic Testing of CYP2D6 Alleles: A GeT-RM Collaborative Project. J Mol Diagn, 21(6), 1034-1052.
- Gage BF, Bass AR, Lin H, Woller SC, Stevens SM, Al-Hammadi N, Anderson JL, Li J, Rodriguez T Jr, Miller JP, McMillin GA, Pendleton RC, Jaffer AK, King CR, Whipple B, Porche-Sorbet R, Napoli L, Merritt K, Thompson AM, Hyun G, Hollomon W, Barrack RL, Nunley RM, Moskowitz G, Dvila-Romn V, Eby CS (2020). Effect of Low-Intensity vs Standard-Intensity Warfarin Prophylaxis on Venous Thromboembolism or Death Among Patients Undergoing Hip or Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA, 322(9), 834-842.
- Maharjan AS, McMillin GA, Patel GK, Awan S, Taylor WR, Pai S, Frankel AE, Nelson C, Wang B, Hosein PJ, Singh AP, Khushman M (2019). The Prevalence of DPYD*9A(c.85T>C) Genotype and the Genotype-Phenotype Correlation in Patients with Gastrointestinal Malignancies Treated With Fluoropyrimidines: Updated Analysis. Clin Colorectal Cancer, 18(3), e280-e286.
- Wood KE, McMillin GA, Krasowski MD (2019). Risk-Based Newborn Drug Testing in a Setting With a Low Prevalence of Maternal Drug Use. Hospital Pediatrics, 9(8), 593-600.
- Melis R, Mohamed J, Ha Y, Lyon E, McMillin G (2018). Postmortem CYP2D6 Genotyping and Copy Number Determinations Using DNA Extracted from Archived FTA Bloodstains. J Anal Toxicol, 43(5), 411-414.
- Wu F, Melis R, McMillin GA, Johnson-Davis KL (2018). Retrospective Data Analysis of the Influence of Age and Sex on TPMT Activity and Its Phenotype-Genotype Correlation. J Appl Lab Med, 3(5), 827-838.
- McMillin GA (2013). Commentary. Clin Chem, 59(4), 616.
- Do EJ, Lenzini P, Eby CS, Bass AR, McMillin GA, Stevens SM, Woller SC, Pendleton RC, Anderson JL, Proctor P, Nunley RM, Davila-Roman V, Gage BF (2011). Genetics informatics trial (GIFT) of warfarin to prevent deep vein thrombosis (DVT): rationale and study design. Pharmacogenomics J, 12(5), 417-24.
- Lee CC, McMillin GA, Babic N, Melis R, Yeo KT (2011). Evaluation of a CYP2C19 genotype panel on the GenMark eSensor® platform and the comparison to the Autogenomics Infiniti™ and Luminex CYP2C19 panels. Clin Chim Acta, 412(11-12), 1133-7.
- Juenke JM, Brown PI, Johnson-Davis KL, McMillin GA (2011). Simultaneous quantification of levetiracetam and gabapentin in plasma by ultra-pressure liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry detection. Ther Drug Monit, 33(2), 209-13.
- McMillin GA, Juenke JM, Johnson MJ, Dasgupta A (2011). Discordant carbamazepine values between two immunoassays: carbamazepine values determined by ADVIA Centaur correlate better with those determined by LC-MS/MS than PETINIA assay. J Clin Lab Anal, 25(3), 212-6.
- Marin SJ, McMillin GA (2010). LC-MS/MS analysis of 13 benzodiazepines and metabolites in urine, serum, plasma, and meconium. Methods Mol Biol, 603, 89-105.
- Marin SJ, Keith L, Merrell M, McMillin GA (2009). Comparison of drugs of abuse detection in meconium by EMIT II and ELISA. J Anal Toxicol, 33(3), 148-54.
- Melis R, Lyon E, McMillin GA (2006). Determination of CYP2D6, CYP2C9 and CYP2C19 genotypes with Tag-It mutation detection assays. Expert Rev Mol Diagn, 6(6), 811-20.
- Juenke JM, Brown PI, Urry FM, McMillin GA (2006). Drug monitoring and toxicology: a procedure for the monitoring of oxcarbazepine metabolite by HPLC-UV. J Chromatogr Sci, 44(1), 45-8.