Jennifer A. Whitehead, PA-C
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Instructor
- Divisions: Physician Assistant Program
|Professional Other||University of Alabama - Birmingham
|Professional Other||University of Nebraska - Omaha
- Stolic M, Russell A, Hutley L, Fielding G, Hay J, MacDonald G, Whitehead J, Prins J (2002 Jan). Glucose uptake and insulin action in human adipose tissue--influence of BMI, anatomical depot and body fat distribution. Int J Obes (Lond), 26(1), 17-23.
- Scurry J, Whitehead J, Healey M (2001 Oct). Histology of lichen sclerosus varies according to site and proximity to carcinoma. Am J Dermatopathol, 23(5), 413-8.
- Todd S, Whitehead A, Stallard N, Whitehead J (2001 May). Interim analyses and sequential designs in phase III studies. Br J Clin Pharmacol, 51(5), 394-9.
- Scurry J, Whitehead J, Healey M (2001 Apr). Classification of ovarian endometriotic cysts. Int J Gynecol Pathol, 20(2), 147-54.
- Cubie HA, Seagar AL, McGoogan E, Whitehead J, Brass A, Arends MJ, Whitley MW (2001 Feb). Rapid real time PCR to distinguish between high risk human papillomavirus types 16 and 18. Mol Pathol, 54(1), 24-9.
- Whitehead J, Whitehead A, Todd S, Bolland K, Sooriyarachchi MR (2001 Jan 30). Mid-trial design reviews for sequential clinical trials. Stat Med, 20(2), 165-76.
- Bolland K, Whitehead J (2000 Nov 15). Formal approaches to safety monitoring of clinical trials in life-threatening conditions. Stat Med, 19(21), 2899-917.
- Lees KR, Asplund K, Carolei A, Davis SM, Diener HC, Kaste M, Orgogozo JM, Whitehead J (2000 Jun 3). Glycine antagonist (gavestinel) in neuroprotection (GAIN International) in patients with acute stroke: a randomised controlled trial. GAIN International Investigators. Lancet, 355(9219), 1949-54.
- Whitehead J (2000). Monitoring and evaluating clinical trials data. Intensive Care Med, 26 Suppl 1, S84-8.
- Whitehead J (1999 Dec 30). On being the statistician on a Data and Safety Monitoring Board. Stat Med, 18(24), 3425-34.
- Patterson S, Francis S, Ireson M, Webber D, Whitehead J (1999 Nov). A novel Bayesian decision procedure for early-phase dose-finding studies. J Biopharm Stat, 9(4), 583-97.
- Wylie JJ, Voight B, Whitehead JA (1999 Sep 17). Instability of magma flow from volatile-dependent viscosity. Science, 285(5435), 1883-6.
- Stallard N, Thall PF, Whitehead J (1999 Sep). Decision theoretic designs for phase II clinical trials with multiple outcomes. Biometrics, 55(3), 971-7.
- Bolland K, Sooriyarachchi MR, Whitehead J (1998 Dec 30). Sample size review in a head injury trial with ordered categorical responses. Stat Med, 17(24), 2835-47.
- Sooriyarachchi MR, Whitehead J (1998 Sep). A method for sequential analysis of survival data with nonproportional hazards. Biometrics, 54(3), 1072-84.
- Whitehead J, Williamson D (1998 Jul). Bayesian decision procedures based on logistic regression models for dose-finding studies. J Biopharm Stat, 8(3), 445-67.
- Mittlbock M, Whitehead J (1998). The interpretation of clinical trials of immediate versus delayed therapy. Lifetime Data Anal, 4(3), 253-63.
- Whitehead J, Evans NJ, Lee MJ (1997 Oct). Relative importance of success in sport and schoolwork. Percept Mot Skills, 85(2), 599-606.
- Whitehead J, Thomas P (1997 Jul). A sequential trial of pain killers in arthritis: issues of multiple comparisons with control and of interval-censored survival data. J Biopharm Stat, 7(3), 333-53.
- James WP, Avenell A, Broom J, Whitehead J (1997 Jun). A one-year trial to assess the value of orlistat in the management of obesity. Int J Obes (Lond), 21 Suppl 3, S24-30.
- Hogg RS, Whitehead J, Ricketts M, Heath KV, Ng E, Lalonde P, Schechter MT (1997 Apr). Patterns of geographic mobility of persons with AIDS in Canada from time of AIDS index diagnosis to death. Clin Invest Med, 20(2), 77-83.
- Gregory WM, Bolland K, Whitehead J, Souhami RL (1997). Cautionary tales of survival analysis: conflicting analyses from a clinical trial in breast cancer. Br J Cancer, 76(4), 551-8.
- Whitehead J (1996 Dec 30). Sequential designs for equivalence studies. Stat Med, 15(24), 2703-15.
- Whitehead J, Smith AG (1996 Oct). Issues in development of a protocol to evaluate children's reasoning about ability and effort in sport. Percept Mot Skills, 83(2), 355-64.
- Carr ME, Whitehead J, Carlson P, Todd W, Orcutt J, Wallace H (1996 Feb). Case report: immunoglobulin M-mediated, temperature-dependent neutrophil agglutination as a cause of pseudoneutropenia. Am J Med Sci, 311(2), 92-5.
- Green DP, Whitehead J, Sugden DA (1995 Dec). Practice variability and transfer of a racket skill. Percept Mot Skills, 81(3 Pt 2), 1275-81.
- Huskisson EC, Berry H, Gishen P, Jubb RW, Whitehead J (1995 Oct). Effects of antiinflammatory drugs on the progression of osteoarthritis of the knee. LINK Study Group. Longitudinal Investigation of Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs in Knee Osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol, 22(10), 1941-6.
- Shum S, Whitehead J, Vaughn L, Shum S, Hale T (1995 Jun). Chelation of organoarsenate with dimercaptosuccinic acid. Vet Hum Toxicol, 37(3), 239-42.
- Whitehead J, Brunier H (1995 May 15-30). Bayesian decision procedures for dose determining experiments. Stat Med, 14(9-10), 885-93; discussion 895-9.
- Omar RZ, Stallard N, Whitehead J (1995). A parametric multistate model for the analysis of carcinogenicity experiments. Lifetime Data Anal, 1(4), 327-46.
- Brunier HC, Whitehead J (1994 Dec 15-30). Sample sizes for phase II clinical trials derived from Bayesian decision theory. Stat Med, 13(23-24), 2493-502.
- Fayers PM, Cook PA, Machin D, Donaldson N, Whitehead J, Ritchie A, Oliver RT, Yuen P (1994 Nov 15). On the development of the Medical Research Council trial of alpha-interferon in metastatic renal carcinoma. Urological Working Party Renal Carcinoma Subgroup. Stat Med, 13(21), 2249-60.
- Whitehead J (1994 Jul 15-30). Sequential methods based on the boundaries approach for the clinical comparison of survival times. Stat Med, 13(13-14), 1357-68; discussion 1369-70.
- Whitehead J (1993 Dec 30). Sample size calculations for ordered categorical data. Stat Med, 12(24), 2257-71.
- Donaldson AN, Whitehead J, Stephens R, Machin D (1993 Dec). A simulated sequential analysis based on data from two MRC trials. Br J Cancer, 68(6), 1171-8.
- Whitehead J (1993 Dec). Interim analyses and stopping rules in cancer clinical trials. Br J Cancer, 68(6), 1179-85.
- Whitehead J (1993 Aug). The case for frequentism in clinical trials. Stat Med, 12(15-16), 1405-13; discussion 1415-9.
- Thomas DB, Whitehead J, Dorse C, Threatt BA, Gilbert FI Jr, Present AJ, Carlile T (1993 Feb 3). Mammographic calcifications and risk of subsequent breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst, 85(3), 230-5.
- Whitehead J (1992 Apr). Overrunning and underrunning in sequential clinical trials. Controlled Clin Trials, 13(2), 106-21.
- Lim LL, Whitehead J (1992 Mar). Estimating the ventilation-perfusion distribution: an ill-posed integral equation problem. Biometrics, 48(1), 175-87.
- Fairweather-Tait SJ, Powers HJ, Minski MJ, Whitehead J, Downes R (1992). Riboflavin deficiency and iron absorption in adult Gambian men. Ann Nutr Metab, 36(1), 34-40.
- Whitehead A, Whitehead J (1991 Nov). A general parametric approach to the meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Stat Med, 10(11), 1665-77.
- Feher EP, Doody RS, Whitehead J, Pirozzolo FJ (1991 Oct-Dec). Progressive nonfluent aphasia with dementia: a case report. J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol, 4(4), 236-40.
- Ezzet F, Whitehead J (1991 Jun). A random effects model for ordinal responses from a crossover trial. Stat Med, 10(6), 901-6; discussion 906-7.
- Whitehead J, Unger L (1991 Summer). Bringing the abusive employee back. J Ment Health Adm, 18(2), 143-7.
- Powers HJ, Whitehead J, Downes R, Dighton D, Perry M (1991). An investigation into the effect of different intakes of vitamin C on drug metabolism in Gambian men. Int J Vitam Nutr Res, 61(2), 135-42.
- Facey KM, Whitehead J (1990 Nov). An improved approximation for calculation of confidence intervals after a sequential clinical trial. Stat Med, 9(11), 1277-85.
- Whitehead J (1989 Dec). The analysis of relapse clinical trials, with application to a comparison of two ulcer treatments. Stat Med, 8(12), 1439-54.
- Ayres JG, Whitehead J, Boldy DA, Dyas A (1989 Nov). Fungal contamination of mini peak flow meters. Respir Med, 83(6), 503-4.
- Lim LL, Whitehead J (1989 Jul). Comparison of the information in two lung function experiments. Stat Med, 8(7), 861-70.
- Whitehead J, Cooper J (1989 Jun). Risk factors for breast cancer by mode of diagnosis: some results from a breast cancer screening study. J Epidemiol Community Health, 43(2), 115-20.
- Whitehead J, Dorse C (1988 May). Prospective epidemiological studies involving paired organs. Stat Med, 7(5), 619-25.
- Whitehead J, Zhou Y, Stallard N, Todd S, Whitehead A (2001 Jul). Learning from previous responses in phase I dose-escalation studies. [Review]. Br J Clin Pharmacol, 52(1), 1-7.
- Stallard N, Whitehead J, Todd S, Whitehead A (2001 Jun). Stopping rules for phase II studies. [Review]. Br J Clin Pharmacol, 51(6), 523-9.
- Whitehead J (2001 May). Monotherapy trials: sequential design. [Review]. Epilepsy Res, 45(1-3), 81-7; discussion 89-91.
- Whitehead J (1999 Sep 15-30). A unified theory for sequential clinical trials. [Review]. Stat Med, 18(17-18), 2271-86.
- Farooqi S, Rau H, Whitehead J, ORahilly S (1998 Aug). ob gene mutations and human obesity. [Review]. Proc Nutr Soc, 57(3), 471-5.
- Baynes KC, Whitehead J, Krook A, ORahilly S (1997 Sep). Molecular mechanisms of inherited insulin resistance. [Review]. QJM, 90(9), 557-62.
- Altman DG, Whitehead J, Parmar MK, Stenning SP, Fayers PM, Machin D (1995 Nov). Randomised consent designs in cancer clinical trials. [Review]. Eur J Cancer, 31A(12), 1934-44.
- Berridge DM, Whitehead J (1991 Nov). Analysis of failure time data with ordinal categories of response. [Review]. Stat Med, 10(11), 1703-10.
- Whitehead J (1999 Jun 19). Stopping a clinical trial properly [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 353(9170), 2164.
- Whitehead J (1996 May 30). Sample sizes calculations for ordered categorical data [Letter to the editor]. Stat Med, 15(10), 1065-6.
- Cuzick J, Berridge D, Whitehead J (1991 May 18). Mammographic dysplasia as entry criterion for breast cancer prevention trials [Letter to the editor]. Lancet, 337(8751), 1225.
- Whitehead J (1991 Apr). Four problems with group sequential methods [Letter to the editor]. Controlled Clin Trials, 12(2), 340-4.
- Facey KM, Whitehead J (1990 Jul). The impact that group sequential tests would have made on ECOG clinical trials [Letter to the editor]. Stat Med, 9(7), 853-4.