Yvonne Hsu, MD
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Prolapse
- Departments: Obstetrics/Gynecology - Adjunct Associate Professor
- Divisions: Urogynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surg)
Academic Office Information
School of Medicine
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
30 N 1900 E, Room: 2B200
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Dr. Hsu obtained her bachelor’s degree at Grinnell College, her M.D. degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine, and completed her residency in OB/GYN at the University of Utah. Following her residency, she entered a fellowship in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Michigan. Dr. Hsu held a career development award from the National Institutes of Health for two years in order to study recurrent pelvic organ prolapse. Dr. Hsu’s research interests include the application if biochemical engineering and advanced imaging to the study of pelvic floor disorders. Her clinical expertise includes medical and surgical management of pelvic floor disorders as well as robotic assisted pelvic reconstructive surgery. She has been recognized for her outstanding teaching of both medical students, residents, and research supervision of urogynecology clinical trials.
|Fellowship||University of Michigan
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of Iowa
- Hsu Y, Chen L, Summers A, Ashton-Miller JA, DeLancey JO (2008). Anterior vaginal wall length and degree of anterior compartment prolapse seen on dynamic MRI. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct, 19(1), 137-42.
- Hsu Y, Lewicky-Gaupp C, DeLancey JO (2008). Posterior compartment anatomy as seen in magnetic resonance imaging and 3-dimensional reconstruction from asymptomatic nulliparas. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 198(6), 651.e1-7.