L. Scott Benson, MD, PhD, MPH
- Global Health
- Environmental Health
- Infectious Disease
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Associate Professor (Lecturer), Internal Medicine - Adjunct Instructor
- Divisions: Infectious Diseases, Public Health
Academic Office Information
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Division of Public Health
375 Chipeta Way, Room: 149
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
|Fellowship||University of Utah
|Residency||University of Utah
|Professional Medical||University of Utah
|Doctoral Training||Utah State University
Civil and Environmental Engineering, emphasis in Environmental Engineering
|Graduate Training||University of Utah
Public Health, emphasis in Legal Issues in Public Health and Health Care
|Undergraduate||Brigham Young University
Zoology, emphasis in Human Biology
|Global Public Health||Republic of Korea|
- Frost CJ, Morgan NJ, Allkhenfr H, Dearden S, Ess R, Albalawi WF, Berri A, Benson LS, Gren LH (2018). Determining Physical and Mental Health Conditions Present in Older Adult Refugees: A Mini-Review. Gerontology, 65(3), 209-215.
- Tanner WD, VanDerslice JA, Toor D, Benson LS, Porucznik CA, Goel RK, Atkinson RM (2015). Development and field evaluation of a method for detecting carbapenem-resistant bacteria in drinking water. Syst Appl Microbiol, 38(5), 351-7.
- Daniel Ansong, Daniel Tawfik, Emmanuel Ato Williams, Scott Benson, Isaac Nyanor, Isaac Boakye, Christian Obirikorang, Lorraine Sallah, Bernard Arhin, Joseph Marfo Boaheng, Evans Amuzu, Osei Asibey, Ty Dickerson (Fall 2014). Suboptimal vaccination rates in rural Ghana despite positive caregiver attitudes towards vaccination. Journal of Vaccines & Immunization, 10(14312), 7-15.
- Williams EA, Ansong D, Alder S, Benson LS, Campbell SJ, MacDonald K, Miya TR, Boakye I, Boaheng JM, Amuzu EaX, Owusu OA, Nyanor I, Arhin B, Dickerson TT (Spring 2014). Silent Crisis: Epidemic Hypertension in Rural West Africa. J Hypertens (Los Angel), 2014(3:3).
- Stephen Manortey, Steve Alder, Benjamin Crookston, Ty Dickerson, James VanDerslice, Scott Benson (Spring 2014). Social deterministic factors to participation in the National Health Insurance Scheme in the context of rural Ghanaian setting. J Public Health Africa, 5(1), 51-56.
- Stephen Manortey, James VanDerslice, Steve Alder, Kevin A Henry, Benjamin Crookston, Ty Dickerson, Scott Benson (Spring 2014). Spatial analysis of factors associated with household subscription to the National Health Insurance Scheme in rural Ghana. J Public Health Africa, 5(1), 1-8.
- Williams EA, Keenan KE, Ansong D, Simpson LM, Boakye I, Boaheng JM, Awuah D, Nkyi CA, Nyannor I, Arhin B, Alder S, Benson LS, dickerson TT (10/1/2013). The burden and correlates of hypertension in rural Ghana: A cross-sectional study. Diabetes Metab Syndr, 7(2013), 123-128.
- Arnold M, VanDerslice JA, Taylor B, Benson S, Allen S, Johnson M, Keifer J Boakye I, Arhinn B, Crockston BT, Ansong D (Spring 2013). Drinking water quality and source reliability in rural Ashanti region, Ghana. J Water Health, 11(1), 161-72.
- Benson LS, Goulston C, Schlaberg R (2010). Co-Infection with Trypanosoma cruzi and HIV: Clinical Presentation and Diagnostic Considerations [Abstract].
- Catinella AP, Alder S, Benson LS, Ha J, Elison G (2006). White Paper - FAMILY PHYSICIAN WORKFORCE REFORM: Recommendations of the , Draft Reprint No. 305b. URL: http://www.aafp.org/online/etc/medialib/aafp_org/documents/about/congress/2006/bd-rpts/brdrptp.Par.0001.File.dat/Board%20Report%20P%20on%20Physician%20Workforce%20Reform.pdf. American Academy of Family Physicians.