Susan L. Bratton, MD
- Departments: Pediatrics - Professor Emeritus
- Divisions: Pediatric Critical Care
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatrics)
- American Board of Pediatrics (Sub: Pediatric Critical Care Medicine)
Academic Office Information
Pediatric Critical Care
295 Chipeta Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Dr. Bratton received her medical degree from the University of Arkansas Health Sciences University, completed her Pediatric residency at Primary Children´s Medical Center, and her Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship at the University of Washington. She was on the faculty at the University of Washington, Oregon Health Sciences and the University of Michigan before coming to the University of Utah. She also received additional training in epidemiology at the University of Washington School of Public Health. . Dr. Bratton is board-certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics.
She is currently a Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Utah and is in the Division of Critical Care Medicine at Primary Children´s Medical Center.
Her academic interests focus on epidemiology and pediatric critical care and she has worked extensively of traumatic brain injury, use of ECMO in pediatric critical medicine and health disparities.
|Graduate Training||University of Washington
|Fellowship||Children's Hospital and Medical Center
Pediatric Critical Care
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Residency||University of Arkansas
|Internship||University of Arkansas
|Professional Medical||University of Arkansas
- Keele L, Keenan HT, Bratton SL (2016). The Effect of Palliative Care Team Design on Referrals to Pediatric Palliative Care. J Palliat Med, 19(3), 286-291.
- Williams CN, Riva-Cambrin J, Bratton SL (2015). Etiology of postoperative hyponatremia following pediatric intracranial tumor surgery. J Neurosurg Pediatr, 1-7.
- Bennett EE, Sweney J, Aguayo C, Myrick C, Matheny Antommaria AH, Bratton SL (2015). Pediatric Organ Donation Potential at a Children's Hospital. Pediatr Crit Care Med, 16(9), 814-20.
- Hamele M, Stockmann C, Cirulis M, Riva-Cambrin J, Metzger R, Bennett TD, Bratton SL (2015). Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury. (Epub ahead of print) J Neurotrauma.
- Working ZM, Hsiao M, Sanders JC, Bratton SL, DAstous JL (2015). Spontaneous Fatal Intraoperative Rupture of Great Vessel During Growing Rod Lengthening: Do Children With Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Require the Availability of Vascular Expertise? A Case Report and Review of the Literature. (Epub ahead of print) J Pediatr Orthop.
- Williams CN, Riva-Cambrin J, Presson AP, Bratton SL (2015). Hyponatremia and poor cognitive outcome following pediatric brain tumor surgery. J Neurosurg Pediatr, 15(5), 480-7.
- Bennett TD, Bratton SL, Riva-Cambrin J, Scaife ER, Nance ML, Prince JS, Wilkes J, Keenan HT (2015). Cervical spine imaging in hospitalized children with traumatic brain injury. Pediatr Emerg Care, 31(4), 243-9.
- Smith AG, Andrews S, Bratton SL, Sheetz J, Feudtner C, Zhong W, Maloney CG (2015). Pediatric palliative care and inpatient hospital costs: a longitudinal cohort study. Pediatrics, 135(4), 694-700.