Jorie Colbert-Getz, PhD
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Associate Professor (Lecturer)
- Divisions: General Internal Medicine
Academic Office Information
50 N Medical Dr, Room: AC101C
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
|Doctoral Training||University of Utah
|Graduate Training||Illinois State University
|Undergraduate||Illinois State University
- Colbert-Getz JM, Lappe K, Northrup M, Roussel D (2019). To What Degree Are the 13 Entrustable Professional Activities Already Incorporated Into Physicians' Performance Schemas for Medical Students? Teach Learn Med, 31(4), 361-369.
- Roussel D, Anderson K, Glasgow T, Colbert-Getz JM (2019). Evaluation of a Preclerkship Learning Community Model for Delivering Clinical Skills Curriculum. J Med Educ Curric Dev, 6, 2382120519855061.
- Raaum SE, Lappe K, Colbert-Getz JM, Milne CK (2020). Milestone Implementation's Impact on Narrative Comments and Perception of Feedback for Internal Medicine Residents: a Mixed Methods Study. J Gen Intern Med, 34(6), 929-935.
- Shochet R, Fleming A, Wagner J, Colbert-Getz J, Bhutiani M, Moynahan K, Keeley M (2019). Defining Learning Communities in Undergraduate Medical Education: A National Study. J Med Educ Curric Dev, 6, 2382120519827911.
- Gliatto P, Colbert-Getz JM, Bhutiani M, Cutrer WB, Edwards S, Fleming A, Keeley M, Osterberg L, Pilla MA, Moynahan K (2019). Too Many Hats? Conflicts of Interest in Learning Community Faculty Roles. J Med Educ Curric Dev, 6, 2382120519827890.
- Tackett S, Wright S, Colbert-Getz J, Shochet R (2018). Associations between learning community engagement and burnout, quality of life, and empathy among medical students. Int J Med Educ, 9, 316-322.
- Ryan MS, Bishop S, Browning J, Anand RJ, Waterhouse E, Rigby F, Al-Mateen CS, Lee C, Bradner M, Colbert-Getz JM (2017). Are Scores From NBME Subject Examinations Valid Measures of Knowledge Acquired During Clinical Clerkships? Acad Med, 92(6), 847-852.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Ryan M, Hennessey E, Lindeman B, Pitts B, Rutherford KA, Schwengel D, Sozio SM, George J, Jung J (2017). Measuring Assessment Quality With an Assessment Utility Rubric for Medical Education. MedEdPORTAL, 13, 10588.
- Morton DA, Colbert-Getz JM (2016). Measuring the impact of the flipped anatomy classroom: The importance of categorizing an assessment by Bloom's taxonomy. Anat Sci Educ, 10(2), 170-175.
- Lindsley JE, Morton DA, Pippitt K, Lamb S, Colbert-Getz JM (2016). The Two-Stage Examination: A Method to Assess Individual Competence and Collaborative Problem Solving in Medical Students. Acad Med, 91(10), 1384-1387.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Baumann S, Shaffer K, Lamb S, Lindsley JE, Rainey R, Randall K, Roussel D, Stevenson A, Cianciolo AT, Maines T, OBrien B, Westerman M (2016). What's in a Transition? An Integrative Perspective on Transitions in Medical Education. Teach Learn Med, 28(4), 347-352.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Baumann S (2016). Changing medical students' perception of the evaluation culture: Is it possible? J Educ Eval Health Prof, 13, 8.
- Liu R, Carrese J, Colbert-Getz JM, Geller G, Shochet RB (2015). Am I cut out for this? Understanding the experience of doubt among first year medical students. Med Teach, 37, 1083-9.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Pippitt K, Chan B (2015). Developing a situational judgment test blueprint for assessing the non-cognitive skills of applicants to the University of Utah School of Medicine, the United States. J Educ Eval Health Prof, 12, 51.
- Raaum SE, Arbelaez C, Vallejo CE, Patino AM, Colbert-Getz JM, Milne CK (2015). Emergency medicine and internal medicine trainees' smartphone use in clinical settings in the United States. J Educ Eval Health Prof, 12, 48.
- Ryan MS, Levine LJ, Colbert-Getz JM, Spector ND, Fromme HB (2015). Advising Medical Students for the Match: A National Survey of Pediatrics Clerkship Directors. Acad Pediatr, 15(4), 374-9.
- Shochet RB, Colbert-Getz JM, Wright SM (2015). The Johns Hopkins learning environment scale: measuring medical students' perceptions of the processes supporting professional formation. Acad Med, 90(6), 810-8.
- Liu R, Carrese J, Colbert-Getz J, Geller G, Shochet R (2014). "Am I cut out for this?" Understanding the experience of doubt among first-year medical students. Med Teach, 37(12), 1083-9.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Kim S, Goode VH, Shochet RB, Wright SM (2014). Assessing medical students' and residents' perceptions of the learning environment: exploring validity evidence for the interpretation of scores from existing tools. Acad Med, 89(12), 1687-93.
- Goldstein SD, Lindeman B, Colbert-Getz J, Arbella T, Dudas R, Lidor A, Sacks B (2014). Faculty and resident evaluations of medical students on a surgery clerkship correlate poorly with standardized exam scores. Am J Surg, 207(2), 231-5.
- Dudas RA, Colbert-Getz JM, Balighian E, Cooke D, Golden WC, Khan S, Stewart R, Barone M (2014). Evaluation of a simulation-based pediatric clinical skills curriculum for medical students. Simul Healthc, 9(1), 21-32.
- Shochet RB, Colbert-Getz JM, Levine RB, Wright SM (2013). Gauging events that influence students' perceptions of the medical school learning environment: findings from one institution. Acad Med, 88(2), 246-52.
- Colbert-Getz JM, Fleishman C, Jung J, Shilkofski N (2013). How do gender and anxiety affect students' self-assessment and actual performance on a high-stakes clinical skills examination? Acad Med, 88(1), 44-8.
- Aboumatar HJ, Thompson D, Wu A, Dawson P, Colbert J, Marsteller J, Kent P, Lubomski LH, Paine L, Pronovost P (2012). Development and evaluation of a 3-day patient safety curriculum to advance knowledge, self-efficacy and system thinking among medical students. BMJ Qual Saf, 21(5), 416-22.
- Dudas RA, Colbert JM, Goldstein S, Barone MA (2012). Validity of faculty and resident global assessment of medical students' clinical knowledge during their pediatrics clerkship. Acad Pediatr, 12(2), 138-41.