Katherine A. Anderson, MD
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Assistant Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Geriatrics
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Geriatric Medicine)
Academic Office Information
School of Medicine
Division of Geriatrics
30 N 1900 E, Room: AB 193
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Katherine Anderson, MD, is a geriatrician at the University of Utah and Veterans Affairs Hospital and Clinics. She graduated from the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle and continued her training in Internal Medicine at the University of Utah. She went on to complete a fellowship in Clinical Geriatric Medicine followed by an Advanced Fellowship in Geriatrics with a focus on education and faculty development. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
Dr. Anderson is the lead physician for the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) a program aimed at preventing delirium in patients over 70 that are admitted to the University Hospital. Her outpatient practice is primarily at the VA where she is the co-founder of the multidisciplinary Geriatric Assessment Clinic and additionally provides ongoing primary care and consultative services for geriatric patients.
Dr. Anderson is a Clinician Educator at the University of Utah and Veterans Affairs Hospital Clinics. As a geriatrician clinician educator, her academic interests include education for medical students, residents and fellows in geriatric medicine. She is the Director the Clinical Method Curriculum, a four year Learning Community based doctoring course for medical student at the University of Utah, and is the Assistant Fellowship Director for Geriatrics. Dr. Anderson played a key roll in developing the current Interprofessional Education Program for University Health Sciences. She is a Fellow in the Academy of Health Science Educators, serves on the Editorial Board for the Education Committee of the American Geriatrics Society and is an active member of the American Geriatrics Society Teachers and Interprofessional Education sections.
|Research Fellow||University of Utah School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Center
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of Washington
- Anderson K, Wold J (Spring 2014). Headaches in the Geriatric Patient. In Seth Landefeld, Brie Williams and Anna Chang (Eds.), Current Geriatric Diagnosis and Treatment (2nd). McGraw Hill.
- Schlaudecker J, Talebreza S, Suen W, Anderson K (2012). Preferences, Availability, and Quality of Inteactive Teaching Materials Used By Medical Educators [Abstract]. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 60(S), 205.
- Anderson KA, Brooks D, Wright S, Supiano MA (May 2011). Impact of a Certificate in Gerontology Geriatric Elective [Abstract]. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 59(S137).
- Anderson KA, Weir C, Supiano MA (May 2011). Education Commons: A Faculty Development Program [Abstract]. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 59(S37).