Marc D. Porter, PhD
- Departments: Pathology - Adjunct Professor
- Cancer Center Programs: Experimental Therapeutics
Academic Office Information
383 Colorow Drive, Room: 129
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Marc Porter, PhD, is an adjunct professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry at the University of Utah under the Utah Science Technology Research Initiative (USTAR). He is an investigator of the Huntsman Cancer Institute and a member of the Experimental Therapeutics Program at Huntsman Cancer Institute.
His research includes the use of nanotechnology to analyze markers for prostate and pancreatic cancers.
Porter received a bachelor's degree from Wright State University, Dayton, and a PhD from Ohio State University, Columbus.
- Granger JH, Granger MC, Firpo MA, Mulvihill SJ, Porter MD (2013). Toward development of a surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS)-based cancer diagnostic immunoassay panel. Analyst, 138(2), 410-6.
- Wang G, Lipert RJ, Jain M, Kaur S, Chakraboty S, Torres MP, Batra SK, Brand RE, Porter MD (2011). Detection of the potential pancreatic cancer marker MUC4 in serum using surface-enhanced Raman scattering. Anal Chem, 83(7), 2554-61.
- Wang G, Driskell JD, Porter MD, Lipert RJ (2009). Control of antigen mass transport via capture substrate rotation: binding kinetics and implications on immunoassay speed and detection limits. Anal Chem, 81(15), 6175-85.
- Wang G, Park HY, Lipert RJ, Porter MD (2009). Mixed monolayers on gold nanoparticle labels for multiplexed surface-enhanced Raman scattering based immunoassays. Anal Chem, 81(23), 9643-50.
- Narayanan R, Lipert RJ, Porter MD (2008). Cetyltrimethylammonium bromide-modified spherical and cube-like gold nanoparticles as extrinsic Raman labels in surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy based heterogeneous immunoassays. Anal Chem, 80(6), 2265-71.
- Driskell JD, Uhlenkamp JM, Lipert RJ, Porter MD (2007). Surface-enhanced Raman scattering immunoassays using a rotated capture substrate. Anal Chem, 79(11), 4141-8.
- Grubor NM, Shinar R, Jankowiak R, Porter MD, Small GJ (2004). Novel biosensor chip for simultaneous detection of DNA-carcinogen adducts with low-temperature fluorescence. Biosens Bioelectron, 19(6), 547-56.
- Grubisha DS, Lipert RJ, Park HY, Driskell J, Porter MD (2003). Femtomolar detection of prostate-specific antigen: an immunoassay based on surface-enhanced Raman scattering and immunogold labels. Anal Chem, 75(21), 5936-43.
- Wang G, Driskell JD, Hill AA, Dufek EJ, Lipert RJ, Porter MD (2010). Rotationally induced hydrodynamics: fundamentals and applications to high-speed bioassays. [Review]. Annu Rev Anal Chem (Palo Alto Calif), 3, 387-407.
- Porter MD, Lipert RJ, Siperko LM, Wang G, Narayanan R (2008). SERS as a bioassay platform: fundamentals, design, and applications. [Review]. Chem Soc Rev, 37(5), 1001-11.