Brian Kendall, MD
- Departments: Pathology - Adjunct Assistant Professor
- Divisions: Clinical Pathology
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Sub: Infectious Disease)
- American Board of Pathology (Sub: Medical Microbiology)
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Academic Office Information
Emma Eccles Jones Medical Research Building
15 N Medical Dr E, Room: 2100
Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Kendall is board certified in internal medicine, infectious diseases, and medical microbiology. His clinical work is focused on the care of patients with infections related to international travel. In addition, he cares for patients on the immunocompromised host service and at the VA medical center. Dr. Kendall's research focuses on the development and clinical use of laboratory tests for pneumonia and tropical infections.
|Fellowship||University of Utah/ARUP
Medical Microbiology, Program Director- Kim Hanson
|Fellowship||University of Utah
Infectious Diseases, Program Director- Harry Rosado-Santos
|Fellowship||National Jewish Health
Mycobacterial and Respiratory Infections, Program Director- Shannon Kasperbauer
|Residency||Providence Portland Medical Center
Internal Medicine, Program Director- Mark Rosenberg
|Professional Medical||University of Washington
|Undergraduate||University of Puget Sound
- Kendall BA, Tkach VV, Gutierrez Y, Longino JT, Couturier MR (). Photo Quiz: Motile structures in the stool of a field biologist. J Clin Microbiol, 55(8), 2293.
- Rachakonda T, Kendall B, Spivak AM, Boltax J (). Pleural effusion caused by Bacillus Calmette- Guerin immunotherapy for bladder cancer. Open Forum Infect Dis, 4(3), 126.
- Kendall BA, Dascomb KK, Mehta RR, Stockmann C, Mason EO, Ampofo K, Pavia AT, Byington CL (). Early Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype changes in Utah adults after the introduction of PCV13 in children. Vaccine, 34(4), 474-478.
- Hanson KE, Caligiuri P, Wiggins III RH, Quigley III EP, Kendall B (). Radiologic imaging techniques for the diagnosis and management of invasive fungal disease. Current Fungal Infection Reports, 9(3), 180-189.
- Spivak ES, Kendall B, Orlando P, Perez C, De Amorim M, Samore M, Pavia AT, Hersh AL (2015 May 26). Evaluation of Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy at a Veterans Affairs Hospital. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol, 1-3.
- Kendall BA, Barker AP, Hadley JC, Florell SR, Winthrop KL (). Disseminated mycobacterial infection after international medical tourism. Open Forum Infect Dis, 2(2).
- Kendall BA, Tardif KD, Schlaberg R (). Chlamydia trachomatis L Serovars and Dominance of Novel L2b ompA Variants, USA. Sex Transm Infect, 90(4), 336.
- Kendall BA, Winthrop KL (). Update on the epidemiology of pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacteria disease. [Invited article]. Semin Respir Crit Care Med, 34(1), 87-94.
- Stockmann C, Ampofo K, Hersh AL, Blaschke AJ, Kendall BA, Korgenski K, Daly J, Hill HR, Byington CL, Pavia AT (2012 Aug). Evolving epidemiologic characteristics of invasive group a streptococcal disease in Utah, 2002-2010. Clin Infect Dis, 55(4), 479-87.
- Kendall BA, Dascomb KK, Mehta RR, Mason EO, Ampofo K, Pombo DJ, Pavia AT, Byington CL (2011 Nov 15). Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes in Utah adults at the end of the PCV7 era. Vaccine, 29(49), 9123-6.
- Kendall BA, Varley CD, Choi D, Cassidy PM, Hedberg K, Ware MA, Winthrop KL (2011 Mar). Distinguishing tuberculosis from nontuberculous mycobacteria lung disease, Oregon, USA. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 17(3), 506-9.
- Winthrop KL, McNelley E, Kendall B, Marshall-Olson A, Morris C, Cassidy M, Saulson A, Hedberg K (2010 Oct 1). Pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial disease prevalence and clinical features: an emerging public health disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 182(7), 977-82.
- Kendall BA, Varley CD, Hedberg K, Cassidy PM, Winthrop KL (2010 May). Isolation of non-tuberculous mycobacteria from the sputum of patients with active tuberculosis. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, 14(5), 654-6.
- Lewis PF, Schmidt MA, Lu X, Erdman DD, Campbell M, Thomas A, Cieslak PR, Grenz LD, Tsaknardis L, Gleaves C, Kendall B, Gilbert D (2009 May 15). A community-based outbreak of severe respiratory illness caused by human adenovirus serotype 14. J Infect Dis, 199(10), 1427-34.
- Powell C, Kendall B, Wernick R, Heffner JE (2007 Nov). A 34-year-old man with amyopathic dermatomyositis and rapidly progressive dyspnea with facial swelling. Diagnosis: pneumomediastinum and subcutaneous emphysema secondary to amyopathic dermatomyositis-associated interstitial lung disease. Chest, 132(5), 1710-3.
- Powers-Fletcher M, Kendall BA, Hanson KE (). Filamentous Fungi. In Randall T. Hayden (Ed.), Diagnostic Microbiology of the Immunocompromised Host (Second). ASM Press.
- Kendall BA, Schlaberg R (). Screening Chlamydia trachomatis positive specimens for Lymphogranuloma venereum serotypes by multiplex PCR in a national reference laboratory. Poster session presented at American Society for Microbiology national meeting, San Francisco [Abstract].
- Kendall BA, Slechta ES, Simmon KE, Hanson KE (). Utility of RipSeq Mixed software for the evaluation of polymicrobial AFB cultures: results of a one year pilot study in a clinical laboratory. Poster session presented at American Society for Microbiology national meeting, San Francisco [Abstract].
- Kendall BA, Dascomb KK, Mehta RR, Mason EO, Ampofo K, Pombo DJ, Pavia AT, Byington CL (). Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes in Utah adults at the end of the PCV7 era. Poster session presented at Infectious Diseases Society of American national meeting, Boston [Abstract].
- Kendall BA, Varley CD, Cassidy PM, Hedberg K, Ware MA, Winthrop KL (). Clinical Features of Pulmonary Disease from Tuberculosis Compared with Nontuberculous Mycobacteria in Oregon, 2005-2006. Poster session presented at Infectious Diseases Society of America national meeting, Philadelphia [Abstract].
- Kendall B, Varley C, Cassidy M, Hedberg K, Winthrop K (). Nontuberculous Mycobacteria in Patients with Tuberculosis in Oregon 2005-2006. Poster session presented at International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, Vancouver, BC [Abstract].