Kevin F. Wilson, MD
- Telangiectasia, Hereditary Hemorrhagic
- Environmental Allergy
- Salivary Gland Diseases
- Departments: Surgery - Adjunct Associate Professor
- Divisions: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
Academic Office Information
School of Medicine
30 N 1900 E, Room: 3C120
Salt Lake City, UT 84132
Dr. Wilson is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Utah School of Medicine. While actively involved in teaching residents and medical students, he also teaches other physicians throughout the country. He writes journal articles, gives lectures, edits medical journals, writes book chapters, and directs medical symposia that teach other physicians more about the Otolaryngology specialty. He was recently awarded the annual teaching award by the residents in the division. He is involved in many research projects. Active endeavors include determining the best treatment for children with atypical mycobacterial infections, identifying factors associated with patient satisfaction in the clinic, evaluating treatment in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT), improving quality of life in HHT patients, and reviewing outcomes in patients undergoing sialendoscopy.He serves as the Medical Student Coordinator for the Division of Otolaryngology and as a member of several committees and groups in the American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy.
|Chief Resident||University of Michigan Hospitals
|Residency||University of Michigan Hospitals
|Professional Medical||Washington University
|Undergraduate||Brigham Young University
- Tarasidis GS, Wilson KF (2015). Diagnosis of asthma: clinical assessment. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol, 5 Suppl 1, S23-6.
- Wilson KF, McMains KC, Orlandi RR (2014). The association between allergy and chronic rhinosinusitis with and without nasal polyps: an evidence-based review with recommendations. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol, 4(2), 93-103.
- Wilson KF, Hoggan RN, Shelton C (2013). Tympanoplasty with intact canal wall mastoidectomy for cholesteatoma: long-term surgical outcomes. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 149(2), 292-5.
- Crockett DJ, Wilson KF, Meier JD (2013). Perioperative strategies to improve sinus surgery outcomes in patients with cystic fibrosis: a systematic review. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 149(1), 30-9.
- Wilson KF, London NR, Shelton C (2013). Tympanoplasty with intact canal wall mastoidectomy for cholesteatoma: long-term hearing outcomes. Laryngoscope, 123(12), 3168-71.
- Error ME, Wilson KF, Ward PD, Gale DC, Meier JD (2013). Assessment of otolaryngic knowledge in primary care residents. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 148(3), 420-4.
- Spector ME, Wilson KF, Light E, McHugh JB, Bradford CR (August 2011). Clinical and pathologic predictors of recurrence and survival in spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 145(2), 242-7.
- Wilson KF, Ward PD, Spector ME, Marentette LJ (2011). Orbitocranial approach for treatment of adenoid cystic carcinoma of the lacrimal gland. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol, 120(6), 397-400.
- Taylor JC, Collar RM, Wilson KF, Ohye RG, Green GE (2010). Cricotracheal resection with hilar release for pediatric airway stenosis. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 136(3), 256-9.
- Rosenbluth DB, Wilson K, Ferkol T, Schuster DP (2004). Lung function decline in cystic fibrosis patients and timing for lung transplantation referral. Chest, 126(2), 412-9.
- Wilson KF, Spector ME, Orlandi RR (2011). Types of rhinitis. [Review]. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, 44(3), 549-59.
- Wilson KF, Orlandi RR (2011). Rhinitis and Rhinosinusitis. In D’Urzo A (Ed.), Treatment Strategies – Respiratory (pp. 76-81). London: The Cambridge Research Centre.