Adam B. Paxton, PhD
- Patient Safety
- Motion Management in Radiation Therapy
- Departments: Radiation Oncology - Assistant Professor (Clinical)
- American Board of Radiology (Therapeutic Medical Physics)
Adam Paxton, PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Utah and a Medical Physicist at Huntsman Cancer Hospital (HCH). Dr. Paxton received his BS from the College of Idaho and his MS and PhD from the University of Wisconsin. He completed his residency training in Medical Physics at the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Paxton’s clinical and research interests include implementing new technologies in the clinic, patient safety, motion management, radiosurgery, and proton therapy.
|Residency||University of California, San Diego
|Doctoral Training||University of Wisconsin
|Graduate Training||University of Wisconsin
|Undergraduate||College of Idaho
Physics and Mathematics
- Sarkar V, Paxton A, Kunz J, Szegedi M, Nelson G, Rassiah-Szegedi P, Zhao H, Huang YJ, Su F, Salter BJ (2019). A systematic evaluation of the error detection abilities of a new diode transmission detector. (Epub ahead of print) J Appl Clin Med Phys.
- Sarkar V, Lloyd S, Paxton A, Huang L, Su FC, Tao R, Tward J, Zhao H, Salter B (2018). Daily breathing inconsistency in pancreas SBRT: a 4DCT study. J Gastrointest Oncol, 9(6), 989-995.
- Sarkar V, Paxton A, Szegedi MW, Zhao H, Huang L, Nelson G, Huang YJ, Su F, Rassiah-Szegedi P, Salter BJ (2018). An evaluation of the consistency of shifts reported by three different systems for non-coplanar treatments. J Radiosurg SBRT, 5(4), 323-330.
- Paxton AB, Manger RP, Pawlicki T, Kim GY (2017). Evaluation of a surface imaging system's isocenter calibration methods. J Appl Clin Med Phys, 18(2), 85-91.
- Manger R, Paxton A, Cervio L (2016). Dosimetric assessment of brass mesh bolus for postmastectomy photon radiotherapy. J Appl Clin Med Phys, 17(6), 86-96.
- Manger RP, Paxton AB, Pawlicki T, Kim GY (2015). Failure mode and effects analysis and fault tree analysis of surface image guided cranial radiosurgery. Med Phys, 42(5), 2449-61.
- Paxton AB, Davis SD, Dewerd LA (2012). Determining the effects of microsphere and surrounding material composition on (90)Y dose kernels using egsnrc and mcnp5. Med Phys, 39(3), 1424-34.
- Paxton AB, Culberson WS, DeWerd LA, Micka JA (2008). Primary calibration of coiled 103Pd brachytherapy sources. Med Phys, 35(1), 32-8.
- Hoisak JDP, Paxton AB, Waghorn B, Pawlicki T (Eds.) (2020). Surface Guided Radiation Therapy. (1st Edition). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Paxton AB (2020). SGRT for Proton Therapy. In Hoisak JDP, Paxton AB, Waghorn B, Pawlicki T (Eds.), Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (1st Edition, pp. 421-436). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Zhao H, Paxton AB (2020). Commissioning and Routine Quality Assurance of the Varian IDENTIFY System. In Hoisak JDP, Paxton AB, Waghorn B, Pawlicki T (Eds.), Surface Guided Radiation Therapy (1st Edition, pp. 137-155). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.