Robert C. Welsh, PhD
- Functional Neuroimaging
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging
- Brain Connectome Mapping
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Minority Groups
- Advanced MRI Imaging
- Advanced Medical Imaging and Image Data Analysis
- Brain Mapping
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Mathematics and Physics of Medical Imaging with Emphasis on Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Mathematical Computing
- Mathematical Modeling
- Departments: Psychiatry - Associate Professor
- Divisions: Adult Psychiatry
|Fellowship||University of Michigan
|Postdoctoral Research Associate|
|Research Fellow||University of Michigan
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||Johns Hopkins University
|Doctoral Training||Johns Hopkins University
|Graduate Training||Johns Hopkins University
|Undergraduate||George Mason University
- Peters AT, Jenkins LM, Stange JP, Bessette KL, Skerrett KA, Kling LR, Welsh RC, Milad MR, Phan KL, Langenecker SA (2019). Pre-scan cortisol is differentially associated with enhanced connectivity to the cognitive control network in young adults with a history of depression. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 104, 219-227.
- Goetschius LG, Hein TC, Mattson WI, Lopez-Duran N, Dotterer HL, Welsh RC, Mitchell C, Hyde LW, Monk CS (2019). Amygdala-prefrontal cortex white matter tracts are widespread, variable and implicated in amygdala modulation in adolescents. Neuroimage, 191, 278-291.
- Burkhouse KL, Stange JP, Jacobs RH, Bhaumik R, Bessette KL, Peters AT, Crane NA, Kreutzer KA, Fitzgerald K, Monk CS, Welsh RC, Phan KL, Langenecker SA (2018). Developmental changes in resting-state functional networks among individuals with and without internalizing psychopathologies. Depress Anxiety, 36(2), 141-152.
- Warthen KG, Sanford B, Walker K, Jones KG, Angstadt M, Sripada C, Goldman D, Zubieta JK, Welsh RC, Burmeister M, Mickey BJ (2018). Neuropeptide Y and representation of salience in human nucleus accumbens. Neuropsychopharmacology, 44(3), 495-502.
- Hein TC, Mattson WI, Dotterer HL, Mitchell C, Lopez-Duran N, Thomason ME, Peltier SJ, Welsh RC, Hyde LW, Monk CS (2018). Amygdala habituation and uncinate fasciculus connectivity in adolescence: A multi-modal approach. Neuroimage, 183, 617-626.
- Quinn ME, Stange JP, Jenkins LM, Corwin S, DelDonno SR, Bessette KL, Welsh RC, Langenecker SA (2017). Cognitive control and network disruption in remitted depression: a correlate of childhood adversity. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci, 13(10), 1081-1090.
- Taylor SF, Ho SS, Abagis T, Angstadt M, Maixner DF, Welsh RC, Hernandez-Garcia L (2018). Changes in brain connectivity during a sham-controlled, transcranial magnetic stimulation trial for depression. J Affect Disord, 232, 143-151.
- Chang SE, Angstadt M, Chow HM, Etchell AC, Garnett EO, Choo AL, Kessler D, Welsh RC, Sripada C (2017). Anomalous network architecture of the resting brain in children who stutter. J Fluency Disord, 55, 46-67.
- Jenkins LM, Stange JP, Barba A, DelDonno SR, Kling LR, Briceo EM, Weisenbach SL, Phan KL, Shankman SA, Welsh RC, Langenecker SA (2017). Integrated cross-network connectivity of amygdala, insula, and subgenual cingulate associated with facial emotion perception in healthy controls and remitted major depressive disorder. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci, 17(6), 1242-1254.
- Hardee JE, Cope LM, Munier EC, Welsh RC, Zucker RA, Heitzeg MM (2016). Sex differences in the development of emotion circuitry in adolescents at risk for substance abuse: a longitudinal fMRI study. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci, 12(6), 965-975.