Richard D. Bennett, PhD, MMSc, PA-C
- Rural Health Care
- Social Accountability of the Physician Assistant
- Molecular Genetics
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Associate Professor (Lecturer)
- Divisions: Physician Assistant Program
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
Academic Office Information
Russel C. Taylor Health Sciences Building
Physician Assistant Program
1526 Medical Center Drive, Room: 252
St. George, UT 84790
Practice interests include hospital medicine, orthopedics, and sports medicine. Practiced in hospital based medicine in Charleston, WV. Practiced in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Cody, WY.
I have broad research interests including the molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration, medical education, and gene based medicine.
|Graduate Training||Yale School of Medicine
Physician Associate Program
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||Laboratory of Dr. George A. Carlson, McLaughlin Research Institute
|Doctoral Training||Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Biomedical Science
Biomedical Sciences – Molecular Biology
|Undergraduate||University of Idaho
- Bennett RD, Pittelkow MR, Strehler EE (2013). Immunolocalization of the tumor-sensitive calmodulin-like protein CALML3 in normal human skin and hyperproliferative skin disorders. PLoS ONE, 8(4), e62347.
- Brooks MD, Bennett RD, Weaver AL, Sebo TJ, Eckert SE, Strehler EE, Carr AB (2013). Human Calmodulin-Like Protein CALML3: A Novel Marker for Normal Oral Squamous Mucosa That Is Downregulated in Malignant Transformation. Int J Dent, 2013, 592843.
- Caride AJ, Bennett RD, Strehler EE (2010). Kinetic analysis reveals differences in the binding mechanism of calmodulin and calmodulin-like protein to the IQ motifs of myosin-10. Biochemistry, 49(37), 8105-16.
- Bennett RD, Mauer AS, Pittelkow MR, Strehler EE (2009). Calmodulin-like protein upregulates myosin-10 in human keratinocytes and is regulated during epidermal wound healing in vivo. J Invest Dermatol, 129(3), 765-9.
- Brooks MD, Bennett RD, Strehler EE, Sebo TJ, Eckert SE, Carr AB (2009). Human calmodulin-like protein (CLP) expression in oral squamous mucosa and in malignant transformation. J Prosthodont, 18(1), 11-6.
- Bennett RD, Caride AJ, Mauer AS, Strehler EE (2008). Interaction with the IQ3 motif of myosin-10 is required for calmodulin-like protein-dependent filopodial extension. FEBS Lett, 582(16), 2377-81.
- Bennett RD, Strehler EE (2008). Calmodulin-like protein enhances myosin-10 translation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 369(2), 654-9.
- Bennett RD, Mauer AS, Strehler EE (2007). Calmodulin-like protein increases filopodia-dependent cell motility via up-regulation of myosin-10. J Biol Chem, 282(5), 3205-12.