Welcome to the University of Utah
Before starting residency or fellowship training, you will take part in an orientation program designed to introduce you to the University of Utah Health, the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME), and to fulfill all onboarding requirements. We look forward to meeting you and are confident you will receive a rewarding training experience.
The following provides general information about the onboarding process, as well as helpful information to prepare for your arrival. Contact us at any time; we are here to support you!
- A link to your MedHub Onboarding profile detailing all onboarding requirements and applicable instructions (Utah medical licensure, Federal DEA, Medicare/PECOS, Medicaid, ACLS/PALS, etc.) will be emailed to you.
- Most items are due by April 30.
- GME is committed to ensuring that residents and fellows remain physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually healthy while completing a training program. Our vision is that wellness becomes considered and infused into every part of the training environment. Our hope is that this fosters a strengthening of our culture of appreciation and respect for everyone who works at the University of Utah, especially our residents and fellows. To find out more about wellness offerings, including child care options, physical health resources, mindfulness, etc. visit our website at: GME Wellness Website
- U of U employees ride TRAX, UTA Buses and Frontrunner for free with a university badge (Tap on and Tap off)
- Healthcare information will be provided in your MedHub onboarding profile. Contact the Benefits Office directly at 801-581-7447 if you have specific questions that need to be addressed before the GME orientation.
- Attendance at an 'in-person' orientation, that coincides with your hire date is mandatory for all new GME trainees:
6/24 hire date: GME Orientation on June 21st, 2019 (7:30am – 2:30pm)
7/1 hire date: GME Orientation on July 1st, 2019 (7:30am – 2:30pm)
7/8 hire date: GME Orientation on July 8th, 2019 (8:00am -1pm)
8/1 hire date: GME orientation on July 25, 2019 (8:00am – 1pm)
Don’t pack away your identity documents!
From the list of acceptable documents, bring to the GME Orientation, one document that establish identity and at least one document that establishes employment authorization.
Breanna Stoll; MBA, ECFMG TPL