Education for Students
Educational Opportunities for Students
Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah is committed to training the next generation of cancer professionals. We have programs for researchers, and public health professionals, as well as care providers including physicians, advance practice clinicians, genetic counselors, nurses, and more.
HCI facilitates many training opportunities for students and early-career professionals in cancer. Please visit the following resources to learn more.
- Huntsman Oncology Nurse Residency (HONR)
- Geographic Management of Cancer Health Disparities (GMaP)
- Huntsman Cancer Institute Advanced Practice Care
- University of Utah Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR)
- Huntsman Cancer Institute Community Outreach and Prevention Education Program (COPE)
- Laboratory volunteer positions for undergraduate students are occasionally offered within the labs of Huntsman Cancer Institute Cancer Center members. Please contact labs directly to learn about available opportunities.
Graduate Study Programs
The University of Utah facilitates these graduate study programs in cancer:
- Bioscience PhD Programs
- Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
- Master of Science in Clinical Investigation Program
- MD/PhD Program
- Personalized Healthcare Certificate
Postdoctoral studies in cancer research opportunities are offered within the labs of Huntsman Cancer Institute Cancer Center members. Please contact labs directly to learn about available opportunities.
- High School