Finding recovery during the COVID-19 pandemic presents unique challenges. We want you to know that you are not alone and the following resources may help.
WE ARE HERE
SUPeRAD is still accepting referrals for pregnant women with OUD to receive evidence-based prenatal care from Danielle Pendergrass at Eastern Utah Women’s Health. We have also integrated a nurse care manager, Maggie Cooper, into the community who connects women to resources and assist them in navigating the healthcare system and social services.
Our team will continue to be dedicated to offering specialized care for pregnant women in the Carbon and Emery communities. If you have a patient/client that you think would benefit from joining our project, refer them by calling Maggie Cooper at (435) 650-5729.
Program for Addiction Research, Clinical Care, Knowledge, and Advocacy (
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): Coping With Coronavirus: Managing Stress, Fear, and Anxiety, Director's Blog
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Virtual Recovery Resources for Substance Use and Mental Illness. Includes links to online meetings and recovery support resources offered by various mutual help groups and other organizations, as well as information on setting up a virtual meeting.
- Addiction Policy Forum and CHESS Health: Connections App. Free research-based smartphone app to help people with recovery from substance use.
- Center on Addiction: Resources for Parents, Families, and Caregivers. Provides mobile (phone- and text-based) education and support for family members struggling with a loved one’s addiction as well as links to other virtual resources.
- Faces and Voices of Recovery: Faces & Voices of Recovery is dedicated to organizing and mobilizing the over 23 million Americans in recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs, their families, friends and allies into recovery community organizations and networks.
- ShatterproofL Shatterproof is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to reversing the addiction crisis in the United States.
- Unity Recovery, WeConnect, SOS Recovery, and Alano Club: Offering online recovery support group meetings five times daily, a daily family and loved one recovery support meeting, and weekly LGBTQ+ and Women’s Only recovery meetings.
- In The Rooms (mostly 12-Step): https://www.intherooms.com/home/
- Unity Recovery (All Pathways): https://unityrecovery.org/digital-recovery-meetings
- Recovery Dharma: https://recoverydharma.online/
- SMART Recovery: https://www.smartrecovery.org/community/
- LifeRing: https://www.lifering.org/online-meetings
- NA Central Utah: https://nautah.org/central/
- NA Wasatch Area: https://uwana.org/meetings/
- NA Lakeside Area (Davis County): https://www.lakesidenautah.org/announcements
- NA Northern Utah: http://northernutahna.org/meetings/
- AA Salt Lake: https://www.saltlakeaa.org/meetings/
- AA Utah Valley: http://www.utahvalleyaa.org/meeting-schedules
Local Facebook Groups
*Important Note: The following groups are personally run by people in the recovery community, some may choose to self-identify and disclose with terms like “addict” or other terms that in different settings may be viewed as stigmatizing. It is not appropriate to reach out and correct langauge use in these settings and we discourage anyone from doing so.
- Utah Sober Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108920739882495/
- SMART Recovery Utah: https://www.facebook.com/groups/902310106584698/
- Recovering Addict: https://www.facebook.com/Recovering-Addict-104743817739880/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARAsYx9BqWO-6g9_V6eou3H5xT-73gAh0AXzRtOy9zTlOUG80XJ8As3sSaNEFuRFow8nZ90blFnNmniC
- Addicted We Stand (based out of Spanish Fork): https://www.facebook.com/groups/359587484514805/