Research Programs Overview
The division’s research activities are spread among a wide variety of investigators and topics and includes such areas as:
- The epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance,
- Interventions to improve antimicrobial prescribing,
- Outcomes studies using electronic data,
- Surveillance methods of infectious diseases and adverse events,
- Chronic renal failure,
- Patient and provider decision-making,
- Implementation evaluation,
- Cancer epidemiology,
- Molecular epidemiology or breast and colorectal cancer,
- Cancer surveillance,
- Cancer prevention and screening,
- Behavioral factors that influence cancer screening in high risk populations,
- Nutritional epidemiology of cancer,
- Studies of bone density in Native American populations, and
- Research in statistical methods for analysis.
Investigative work relies heavily on productive, inter-departmental relationships.
View a current list of our latest publications.