Projects & Funding
- To investigate the role of microsomal prostaglandin E synthase 1 (mPGES-1) in regulation of fluid metabolism and blood pressure;
- To investigate potential interaction of PGE2 and intrarenal renin-angiotensin system during angiotensin II-induced hypertension and kidney disease;
- To investigate the role of PPAR gamma in regulation of fluid metabolism and cardiovascular function
- To investigate therapeutic potential and mechanism of nitro lipids in metabolic and renal diseases.
Our lab is currently funded by NIH and VA Merit Review grants:
- mPGES-1/EP1 in Volume Regulation, VA Merit Review
- Control of Collecting Duct Function by Lipid-derived Factors in Obesity, R01, NIDDK.
- Nitrated Fatty Acids/PPAR gamma in the Control of Renal and Vascular Functions. R01, NIDDK.