2017 Cystic Fibrosis Quality Care Award
Nov 7, 2017 12:00 AM
On November 4, 2017, the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center at the University of Utah was recognized with the 2017 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Quality Care Award.
- The Center actively uses clinical outcomes data to identify opportunities for improvement and documents results of improvement efforts
- aligns improvement efforts to result in measurable improvement in important clinical outcomes (process improvement tied to clinical outcomes with Key Drivers)
- consistently and actively involves patients and families in identifying, designing, and/or implementing improvement efforts
- employs innovative strategies to improve care processes and outcomes
- implements system changes that result in high reliability of care processes.
The CF Center at the University of Utah is directed by Theodore G. Liou, MD. He has landmark articles in cystic fibrosis and lung transplantation in journals including JAMA and the New England Journal of Medicine and has been invited to speak at The Gordon Conference on Enzymes, Co-enzymes and Metabolic pathways, Mayo Clinic, McGill, Case Western, U Penn, Capitol University Beijing, Children's Hospital LA, USC, Merck, Genentech, the North American CF Conference, the International Conference of the American Thoracic Society, the American Society of Microbiology, the International Society for Heart Lung Transplantation, the Italian CF Research Foundation and the annual European CF society Meetings.
The hard work and dedication of Dr. Liou and the entire Cystic Fibrosis Center team have helped to advance cystic fibrosis research and care.