Introducing: "From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight
Feb 14, 2020 8:00 AM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in a new staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
January's featured staff member is Nancy Joyce from the Division of Geriatrics:
- What is one fun fact about yourself? "I have been certified in scuba diving twice - once in English, and once in German.
- What is your favorite motto or quote? "Silence isn't neutrality; it is supporting the status quo." -Yuval Noah Harari
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? "Great benefits!"
- What if your favorite book? "Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?" by Jeanette Winterson
- What's the best part of your job? "I have the best of all possible worlds - working with HELP volunteers amd patients ages 70+.
- What book are you reading right now? "21 Lessons for the 21st Century" by Yuval Noah Harari
- What is your favorite podcast and why? "Daily Evolver with Jeff Salzman. It offers integral insight into politics and culture."
- If you could snap your fingers and be an expert in one something, what would it be? "A tai chi master!"
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? "A walk up Red Butte Canyon, or good conversation over a glass of wine."
- If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? "Enchilada suizas (with delicious poblano mole sauce) from Red Iguana."