"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - April 2020
Apr 6, 2020 8:00 AM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in a new staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
April's featured staff member is D.J. Harper from the Division of Hematology & Hematologic Malignancies:
- What is one fun fact about yourself? "I can wiggle my ears!"
- What is your favorite motto or quote? "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? "Benefits, and the comaraderie of the people I work and associate with."
- What if your favorite book? "Anything by John Grisham."
- Where do you work? "HCI Research North."
- How do you prefer to start your day? "With a hot shower!"
- What was your first job? "I was a paperboy for the Modesto Bee."
- What is a typical day at work like? "Invigorating, challenging and rewarding."
- What is the best part about your job? "Being appreciated for the work I do."
- What book are you reading right now? "I am waiting for the newest John Grisham release, Camino Winds."
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in one thing, what would it be? "Baking and cooking!"
- What is your superpower, at work and at home? "Cleaning and organizing."
- If you could only have three apps on your smartphone, what would they be? "Gospel Library, Member Tools, and Apple Music."
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? "I listen to 1980's music."
- Do you collect anything? If so, describe. "I own 89 Clue games."
- If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? "Meatballs and mashed potatoes with gravy."
- Who woul you want to play you in a movie about your life? "Cary Grant."