"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - May 2020
May 18, 2020 8:30 AM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in a new staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
April's featured staff member is Jake Fetzer, a physician assistant in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? "I enjoy watching old movies!"
- What is your favorite motto or quote? "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? "It is important work with meaningful outcomes."
- Where do you work? "University of Utah Medical Center."
- How do you prefer to start your day? "Exercise."
- What was your first job? "I was a construction laborer and paperboy - I did both around the same time."
- What is the best part about your job? "Having good people to work with and mutual respect."
- What book are you reading right now? "I am reading Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection by A.J. Jacobs.
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in one thing, what would it be? "Piano."
- What is your superpower, at work and at home? "Persistence."
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? "I listen to music, work on a home project, watch an old movie, or do an outdoor activity - hiking, sports, etc."
- Do you collect anything? If so, describe. "Music - CDs and vinyl."