"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - October 2020
Oct 13, 2020 9:30 AM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in a new staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
October's featured staff member is Courtney Rich, a Clinical Care Specialist in the Division of Gastroenterology.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I love traveling! I try to go somewhere new quarterly.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? “The stronger the why, the easier the how becomes” Jim Rohn
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The people! GI has the best team anyone could ask for!
- What is your favorite book? Anything Nicholas Sparks.
- Do you have any pets? I have a 5 year old chihuahua/basenji mix named Copper! He loves long naps, biscuits and playing with his beloved hedgehog toy. His favorite activity is kayaking with his humans.
- Where do you work? Currently from home due to COVID-19 but normally at the SOM Gastroenterology division office.
- How do you prefer to start your day? With a large cup of coffee! I am a coffee connoisseur.
- What was your first job? I was a marketer at Costco Wholesale.
- What’s a typical day at work like? No day is typical and that is my favorite part! Patient care always has new challenges and learning opportunities.
- What’s the best part of your job? We have the best patients! I love getting to work with them everyday.
- What is your favorite podcast and why? Koze daily brew. The host Kalyn always has content that inspires and motivates you to be the best person you can be.
- If you could have only three apps on your smartphone, what would they be? Instagram, Tik-Tok and Spotify.
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? Taking a nice long stroll with my dog Copper.
- If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Café rio salads