"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - May 2021
May 20, 2021 4:00 PM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
May's featured staff member is Jenni Hong, a Study Coordinator for the Division of Cardiology.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I enjoy putting together furniture. The more complicated the better.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? “For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The people! I have the privilege of being part of an amazing care team for a remarkable set of patients.
- What is your favorite book? A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.
- Do you have any pets? A long-haired tuxedo cat with green eyes.
- Where do you work? Mostly SOM but also HCH.
- How do you prefer to start your day? I prefer to start my day with a cup of coffee while catching up on news.
- What book are you reading right now? I’ve gotten back into the Classics and I am rereading The Count of Monte Cristo.
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be? Languages, I would love to be able to understand anyone and everyone I have the opportunity to meet.
- If you could have only three apps on your smartphone, what would they be? Instagram, YouTube, Audible.
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? I used to say travel. Lately, I have been going to the park and having mini picnics. I also like to play games with friends and family.
- Do you collect anything? I like collecting postcards from places I have visited and mailing them to myself as a kind of travel journal.