"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - September 2021
Sep 15, 2021 10:30 AM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
September's featured staff member is Kris Dean, a Grant/Contract Officer from the Division of Infectious Diseases.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I’m an avid reader. If I find a book to be really intriguing, it is not unusual for me to finish it in a single sitting.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? This too shall pass (since COVID).
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The great team I work with in the Ryan White Program.
- What is your favorite book? See above. I love books and couldn’t name a favorite.
- Do you have any pets? I have 3 dogs. 2 Australian Shepherds (Bandit and Jasmine) and a German Shepherd (Woofie Goldberg).
- Where do you work? SOM.
- What is your favorite podcast and why? I love TED Talks. Such a variety of interesting subjects.
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be? Oceanography.
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? Before COVID, my favorite way to decompress in the summer was to go to the pool at the Student Life Center, grab a chaise, sit on the sun shelf and soak up some rays and – READ!
- If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tacos!