"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - October 2021
Oct 22, 2021 12:00 PM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
October's featured staff member is Amy Holman, a Research Manager from the Division of Gastroenterology.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I’m allergic to tomatoes, but I love them and eat them anyway.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? “We read to know that we are not alone.” C.S. Lewis.
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The many opportunities to learn something new.
- What is your favorite book? Dracula by Bram Stoker.
- Do you have any pets? A Siberian Husky, a Bichon Friese, and a cat.
- Where do you work? School of Medicine.
- How do you prefer to start your day? Meditation, reading, and for it to start much later than it usually does.
- What’s a typical day at work like? I don’t have a typical day. One day is never like the next. That is part of what I love about what I do.
- What book are you reading right now? “If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face? My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating” by Alan Alda.
- If you could snap your fingers and become an expert in something, what would it be? Cake decorating, it’s something I’ve always wanted to learn but haven’t had the time.
- What’s your superpower at work and at home? Resilience.
- If you could have only three apps on your smartphone, what would they be? Teux Deux, Pinterest, MSQC Quilt Tutorials.
- What is your favorite way to decompress after work? Sit on the couch, close my eyes, and take some deep breaths.
- Do you collect anything? Most family would say I collect fabric, but I say it’s my retirement plan. I buy it know and then I will have it to quilt when I have time after retirement.
- If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Spaghetti with meatballs and a Caesar side salad.