"From the Desk Of" Staff Highlight - November 2021
Nov 19, 2021 1:00 PM
From the Desk Of...
Each month, one staff member from the Department of Internal Medicine will be highlighted in our staff recognition program called "From the Desk Of..." We are fortunate to have such talented staff members, and we want the rest of the department to get to know "the face behind the email."
November's featured staff member is Selma Lopez, a Program Manager from the Division of General Internal Medicine.
- What is one fun fact about yourself? I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve watched Friends.
- What is your favorite motto/quote? “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn.
- What is the best thing about working at the University of Utah? The people, strong support culture, continuous learning opportunities.
- Do you have any pets? Yes, two chihuahuas, Pac & Bella.
- Where do you work? School of Medicine.
- How do you prefer to start your day? With coffee, the Daily Skimm, and a short walk.
- What was your first job? Waitress at my family’s restaurant in Heber.
- What is your favorite podcast and why? There are too many to choose from but anything true crime. Currently listening to the Dropout: Elizabeth Holmes on Trial.
- What’s your superpower at work and at home? Multitasking.
- If you could have only three apps on your smartphone, what would they be? Podcasts, Pinterest, Instagram.
- If you could eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sushi.