How to Apply
We only accept applications and supporting documents via the National Resident Matching Program's Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). Applications must be completed in full prior to your interview. The priority application deadline for our program is September 30. Applications submitted after this date may be considered, but interview invitations will be subject to availability. To process your application, we require the materials listed below:
- Common ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 score*
- Step 2 CK and CS scores when available*
- Four letters of recommendation
- For categorical applicants, these must include
- One letter from the applying student’s Chair or designee of the Department of Medicine at the applicant's medical school
- Three letters of recommendation from full-time faculty members, preferably (2) from the Department of Medicine
*At the program's discretion, COMLEX scores may be substituted for USMLE scores for Preliminary track applicants.
If you have been selected to interview with our program, you will receive an email invitation. Please see the Interview Day page for further details.
The University of Utah School of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status. In accordance with the requirements of The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, (Section 504), the University of Utah provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, so that they may fully participate in its academic programs, employment opportunities, medical services, programs, and events.