Summer Conference Series
- Series of core lectures that introduce pathogenesis, presentation and management of various rheumatic diseases presented by faculty between July and September each year.
Rheumatology Core Conferences
- Mix of basic and clinical rheumatology and immunology topics presented by faculty and fellows between October and June each year.
Patient Management Conferences
- Clinical case presentations with value based on diagnosis/management points presented by fellows and fostering discussion with faculty monthly.
Rheumatology Board Review
- Review of high-yield topics and board type questions with faculty twice to three times a month.
- Basic and clinical sciences articles with significant impact presented by faculty and fellows twice a month.
- Review of immunology topics with basic science faculty once a month alternating years.
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound WorkShops
- Basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound with opportunity to practice obtaining normal scans with musculoskeletal ultrasound trained faculty once a month alternating years.
- Musculoskeletal radiology topics presented by a musculoskeletal radiologist every other month.
- Interesting or challenging cases provided by faculty and fellows and reviewed by a musculoskeletal radiologist every other month.
- Combined rheumatology-neurology case conference four times a year.
- Combined rheumatology-nephrology case conference twice a year.
- Dermato-pathology case conference twice a year.
- Clinical or translational conferences for all members of the Department of Internal Medicine weekly.
- 1st year fellows attend ACR annual meeting if they have poster or oral presentation accepted.
- 2nd year fellows attend ACR annual meeting on FIT travel scholarship.
- All fellows attend Utah Rheumatology Association Conference yearly.
- Fellows also attend:
- ACR State-of-the-Art Clinical Symposium, Chicago, IL
- Annual Meeting – SPARTAN Group
- The Rheumatology Summit for Fellows, Orlando, FL
- Advances for Rheumatic Diseases, Sun Valley, ID