Licensure Requirements

Residents must apply for both the Utah Medical License and Utah Controlled Substance License after successfully completing the USMLE Part III exam. It is University of Utah Hospital policy that these licenses be obtained by August 31 of the PGY-2 year. These can be applied for on the same application form or can be applied for separately.

Residents are also required to obtain a federal DEA number after they are issued a Utah controlled substance license. If a resident holds a DEA number in another state, that number is not valid in the State of Utah until the Utah controlled substance license is obtained. It is University Hospital policy that this license be obtained within 60 days of the Utah controlled substance license deadline (or October 31 of the PGY-2 year).

Residency Program Director

Randy Jensen
Randy L. Jensen, MD, PhD

Follow us on social media

instagram icon       twitter icon       facebook icon       youtube icon

Residency Welcome

Why Utah for Residency?

UHealth GME

Contact Us

Amy Ekins, C-TAGME
Academic Program Manager
Phone: 801-585-2453
Fax: 801-581-4385
Department of Neurosurgery
University of Utah Health Care
175 N. Medical Drive East, 5th Floor
Salt Lake City, UT 84132