The Utah WRHR Program provides comprehensive support for the research and training needs of its Scholars. This support includes:
- Salary and fringe benefits: Consistent with junior faculty appointments within the University of Utah Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Protected time: Utah WRHR Scholars are assured that at least 75 percent of their full-time effort can be dedicated to the research and training aspects of this award.
- Mentor access: Each Utah WRHR Scholar will have one principal mentor and a supporting mentorship team.
- Research funding: To support research activities, including use of institutional core services and purchase of laboratory supplies. Funding for training and research support is up to $25,000 per scholar per year.
- Research training: All Utah WRHR Scholars will enroll in the University of Utah’s Vice-President’s Clinical and Translational Research Scholars program. Tuition and fees for Scholar participation in required and elective coursework and workshops.
- Travel: Travel to attend the annual NIH WRHR Program Meeting (historically in the fall of the year) and one scientific meeting per year.