2019 Advances in Pediatric Retina Course
Save the Date: June 13-15, 2019
University of Utah Alumni House
155 S. Central Campus Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
This course will focus on the advances in diagnosis and surgical management of a wide spectrum of pediatric retinal diseases. It will feature interactive panel discussions, with debate about different surgical approaches to these pathologies and management of complications. Common and challenging cases will be presented with preoperative diagnostic imaging and intraoperative videos.
The objective of this course is to educate the retina and pediatric community regarding advances in management options for a range of common and challenging pediatric retinal diseases through case presentations and discussions by interactive panels of pediatric surgeons and pediatric ophthalmologists. At the end of the course, attendees will have better understanding of current management options for pediatric retinal diseases.
Pediatric and retina specialists, retina specialists and pediatric ophthalmologists
The University Of Utah School Of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA CREDIT: The University of Utah School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nondiscrimination and disability accommodation statement: The University of Utah does not exclude, deny benefits to or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, disability, age, veteran’s status, religion, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or sexual orientation in admission to or participation in its programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request, with reasonable notice. Requests for accommodations or inquiries or complaints about University nondiscrimination and disability/access policies may be directed to the Director, OEO/AA, Title IX/Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 201 S President’s Circle, RM 135, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, 801-581-8365 (Voice/TTY), 801-585-5746 (Fax).
Mary Elizabeth Hartnett, MD
Director of Pediatric Retina, John A. Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah
Professor, University of Utah Department of Ophthalmology
Lejla Vajzovic, MD
Assistant Professor, Duke University Department of Ophthalmology
Joseph A.C. Wadsworth Professor of Ophthalmology, Duke University Department of Ophthalmology
Registration & Lodging
A block of rooms has been reserved for APR 2019 conference participants at the following hotels. Both hotels are near the University of Utah campus and APR19 meeting venue.
University Guest House, 110 S. Fort Douglas Blvd., Salt Lake City UT 84113
This is an on campus hotel and is the closest location to the meeting venue.
- Contracted room block dates: June 11 - 16, 2019
- Reservations can be made by calling 1-888-416-4075 and mentioning the group name Pediatric Retina Conference to receive the contracted group rate of $119 per night + tax.
- Lodging reservations at the University Guest House should be made by May 12, 2019 as the contracted group rate will no longer be available after that date. After May 12th, reservations are based on availability and conference guests are encouraged to call to make a reservation.
Make a University Guest House Reservation here.
Salt Lake City Marriott University Park, 480 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City UT 84108
- Contracted room block dates: June 13 - 16, 2019
- Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-228-9290 and mentioning the group name of Advances in Pediatric Retina to receive the contracted group rate of $127.00 per night + tax. Reservations can also be made online by clicking the link below.
- The contracted group rate is available 2 days prior to Thursday, June 13, 2019 and 2 days after Sunday, June 16, 2019.
- Lodging reservations at the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park should be made by May 30, 2019 as the contracted group rate will no longer be available after that date. After May 30th, reservations are based on availability and conference guests are encouraged to call to make a reservation.
Make a Mariott Reservation here.
Things to Do
Visit Utah's 'Life Elevated' tourism site for a complete guide to experiencing all that Salt Lake City and our beautiful state has to offer, from fine dining to day hikes though some of the country's most scenic landscapes.