Salary & Benefits
University of Utah Paid Benefits
The following stipend schedule has been approved for the house staff year 2019–2020:
|Level of Training||Stipend|
Additional benefits include the following:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of vacation; pathology residents may carry over up to five days to the following year.
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage; premium costs are shared between the hospital and the house officer for health coverage for the house officer and family.
- Group dental insurance for house officer and family at a nominal charge per month
- Group term life insurance up to the salary amount but not to exceed $25,000 at no charge ; additional life insurance may be purchased by the house officer.
- Disability insurance for specialty-specific occupation with benefit equal to approximately 66.6 percent of monthly earnings up to $3,000/month (less benefits from other sources) and built-in cost-of-living rider; basic policy paid by the hospital. Additional individual coverage may be purchased by the house officer.
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program.
- Other benefits, such as reduced tuition, a generous book and travel fund, bookstore discount, and others as offered to all university employees.