Primary Children's Hospital (PCH) has:
- 289 bed children's hospital opened 1990.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Program with four surgeons and over 550 cases annually
- ECMO and VAD services Level I pediatric trauma center.
- The trauma program admits 1,200 patients annually with approximately 25% of those to the PICU.
- Transplantation Programs (cardiac, liver, renal, HSCT)
PCH Pediatric Critical Care Services:
- 28 bed PICU and 16 bed CICU which are both staffed by Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- CICU Service with over 600 annual admissions
- PICU Service with over 2,000 annual admissions
- PICU Red service (attendings, fellows, residents, medical students) Carries approximately 3/4 of PICU census
- PICU White service (attendings and NP) Carries 1/4 of PICU census. Fellows rotate on this service as well to gain experience with alternate staffing model
Transport System – LifeFlight
- Ground, rotor, and fixed wing LifeFlight transport available 24 hours/day
- Specialized teams for transport of neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients
- 800+ pediatric transports per year, ICU transports controlled by critical care physicians
- 40 annual cases
- ECMO and VAD services
- E-CPR for in house cardiac arrests and hypothermic arrests due to exposure or cold water drowning