Salary & Benefits
Projected salary for a PL-4 fellow during 2020-2021 will be approximately $70,343 plus benefits.
Three weeks (15 working days) of paid vacation are available each year. Medical and dental insurance is available. Fellows may also be eligible for long term disability and life insurance.
We offer the following house staff benefits:
- Three weeks (15 working days) of vacation
- Choice of health insurance plans, including hospitalization coverage - premium costs are shared between the hospital and the house officer for health coverage for the house officer and family
- Group dental insurance for house officer and family at a nominal charge per month
- Group term life insurance with a benefit of $25,000 at no charge. Additional life insurance may be purchased by the house officer.
- University of Utah Health, at no cost to trainee, automatically provides a medical specialty specific long term disability income policy.
- Up to eight weeks of paid medical leave to cover personal or family illnesses, including the birth or adoption of a child
- Malpractice insurance is provided by the hospital for professional activities that are an approved part of the training program
Other benefits are included, such as reduced tuition, bookstore discount, and others offered to all University employees.