How Long Will an Assessment Take?

Plan on being at our office a total of two and a half hours.

What Should I Bring to the Assessment?

Bring your payment and a photo identification. We do not accept checks, American Express, or Discover Card. If you have been referred by a physician or a chronic pain clinic bring a list of all medications and dosages you are currently being prescribed.

What Happens During an Assessment?

When you first arrive, you will be asked to fill out some forms and, depending on why you are being assessed, some brief questionnaires. Then we will escort you to an office where you will meet face to face with a clinician who will ask you questions about several aspects of your life.

Upon completion of the assessment, you will be given information about any referral we will make.

I Want Substance Abuse Treatment But I Can't Afford it. What Should I Do?

Show up at one of our free Interim Groups. We will then make arrangements for you to be assessed and referred to county-funded treatment. With few exceptions, ARS is the only place that can authorize Salt Lake County-funded treatment.

How Do I Know if I Should Call to Make an Appointment For an Assessment or if I Should Show Up for an Interim Group and Then Make Arrangements for an Assessment?

Individuals who fall into any of the following categories should call for an appointment:

  • Do not reside in Salt Lake County
  • Have the financial means to pay for an assessment (but not necessarily the financial means to pay for treatment)
  • Have been arrested for DUI
  • Have been arrested under the Not A Drop law
  • Have been referred by a chronic pain clinic and are on Medicaid

All other individuals should come to Interim Group Services.

My Adult Child Has an Addiction But Won't Go to Treatment. What Do I Do?

Call us and ask to speak with one of our professionals. We will try to help you in any way we can.

Contact Us

PHONE: 801-587-2770

HOURS: Monday - Friday
              7:30am - 3:30pm

ADDRESS: 450 S 900 E, Suite 300
                 Salt Lake City, UT 84102




Please help the Department of Psychiatry to expand our clinical care, research and academic programs. Donate here!