How to Apply
Our fellowship has 4 spots per year. We accept internal and external applicants.
All applications are accepted through ERAS and filled through the NRMP match. Feel free to contact us with questions or to make us aware of your interest in the program.
Applicants must have completed a minimum of three years of psychiatry training in an ACGME accredited residency program, or in an RCPSC accredited or CFPC accredited residency program located in Canada, prior to starting the program.
Documents to submit through ERAS include:
- Two letters of reference, preferably one from a child psychiatrist (additional letters are accepted)
- Letter from training director covering:
- A letter of reference reviewing the resident's performance and their professional behavior,
- Detailed information indicating the applicant will have met all training requirements by the end of the academic year (June 30) or outlining requirements that can be met during child psychiatry training.
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- USMLE or COMLEX scores
- Personal statement
- PRITE scores are not required, but will be reviewed if the resident elects to send them to bolster their application.
We typically offer interviews starting in August and try to complete our fellowship interviews by November. In 2020, all fellowship interviews will be virtual, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All selected candidates are required to comply with University of Utah Health's drug testing policy. The University of Utah School Of Medicine does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran's status.
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Training Program
University of Utah
501 Chipeta Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84108