How to Apply
We participate in ERAS and expect to receive all residency applications through the Electronic Residency Application System. (Foreign medical school graduates should click here for alternate instructions). We require the following documents in support of your applications:
- Letter from the dean
- Transcripts of medical school grades
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians who can evaluate your performance
- National board scores
- A recent photo (optional)
All of these documents should be sent through ERAS. Any one of the following pathways can be used for entry into our Diagnostic Radiology residency program:
- The American Board of Radiology requires a clinical year for individuals entering their training program. We no longer offer a clinical year but encourage applicants to seek information with our Internal Medicine Department as a separate match process, or through a transitional year at Intermountain Hospital. The applicant is responsible for this match process through the Intermountain Hospital housestaff program.
- Direct entry into the Diagnostic Radiology residency at the PGY-II level for physician candidates who have previously completed a PGY-I (internship) year.
- Residents are selected on the basis of transcripts, recommendations, and the results of personal interviews with our resident selection committee. We set up interviews after your file is complete (with the exception of the dean’s letter which is not released until November 1. Specific interview dates will be supplied later.