Welcome to Online CERT 2020 Training
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program educates people about disaster preparedness and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations.
Online CERT is developed to provide the FEMA standardized 2019 curriculum to learners across the United States, meeting the lecture portion of the CERT training requirements. Once completed, you just follow up with your local CERT Coordinator to complete the hands-on practical portion and receive your full CERT credentials.
Online CERT publications:
- UofU Health Launches Digital Credentials for Online Volunteer Emergency Response Training Program
- Online CERT Course Allows Digital Certification for Volunteers
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) NCA to Offer CERT Training Using the Updated 2020 FEMA CERT Curriculum
- National CERT Association Upcoming Webinars for the "Nationwide Rollout" of Online CERT
- FEMA's Individual and Community Preparedness Newsletter
- FREE Online CERT 2020 Course (English) OnlineCERT.org
- FREE Online CERT 2020 Course (Spanish)
- Course Flyer (English): Online CERT 2020 flyer (English)
- Course Flyer (Spanish): Online CERT 2020 Flyer (Spanish)
- Find a local CERT Program near you: Search for CERT Programs
- Approved States and Territories: Search for approved states
- FAQ's: Online CERT FAQ's
- Online CERT Program Guide (English): Program Guide (English)
- Online CERT Program Guide (Spanish): Program Guide (Spanish)
- Hybrid CERT "Tool Kit": Agendas, Flyers, Skills Checklists, and Certificates
- Online CERT Best Practices: Online CERT Administrative Guide
- Merit "Look Up" Tool: Project Managers can now look up students completion
- Please give us your feedback (enter to win $50 Amazon gift card):
- Testimonials: Please give us any comments about the Online Program you would like to share with others: Online CERT Testimonials
- How to Conduct CERT Training in Time of a Pandemic: How to Conduct CERT Training in Times of a Pandemic
- Online CERT Donation: Would you like to support the Online CERT Program? If so, please specify what you would like to donate towards: Online CERT Donation
FEMA and the National CERT Association Webinars:
Webinar REGISTRATION (hosted by FEMA and the National CERT Association) on how to implement our Online CERT Program:
- September 22nd, "Nationwide Rollout" Overview of the Hyrid CERT Program Download the Presentation. Watch the recording.
- September 29th, Webinar for program managers to answer questions and train on how to conduct the hands-on skills training. Download the Presentation. Watch the recording.
- October 6th, Review of any notable differences between the lecture portion of a traditional classroom- based delivery and the online independent study module. Download the Presentation. Watch the recording.
- Hybrid CERT Webinar Training Certificate (after completing all 3 webinars).
*Additional Online CERT languages will be available winter 2020: Mandarine
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Rachel Brown, Program Manager at (801) 581-8042 or at email@example.com.