How to Apply
- Primary application through SOPHAS
- Official transcripts
- GRE scores (if available)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose (not to exceed 500 words)
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English proficiency for international applicants (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Second online application through ApplyYourself
- Unofficial transcripts
- English proficiency for international students (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Online application - Applicants must submit an application through the SOPHAS system and the University of Utah’s ApplyYourself system. Applicants will receive information on applying at the University of Utah during the SOPHAS application process.
- English Proficiency Requirement - All International students must meet the standard English proficiency requirement per the University Office of Admissions.
- An interview may be extended and is determined by the RMCOEH Faculty Admissions Committee
- Baccalaureate degree (BA/BS) with prior coursework in chemistry, organic chemistry, physical sciences, biological sciences, and mathematics (at least through college algebra, preferrably through calculus)
- A cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
The MSOH programs only accept Fall cohorts with the following application and admissions deadlines:
Application Deadline: February 15
Admissions Deadline: April 1
An additional $30 late fee will be applied by the admissions office if your application is not completed by these deadlines.
Please see the University of Utah Admissions site for additional information regarding application documents, deadlines, and fees.