How to Apply
- Baccalaureate degree with at least 120 semester hours (180 quarter hours), including 68 or more semester hours of technical courses.
- Prior coursework in chemistry, physical sciences, biological sciences, and mathematics (at least through college algebra, preferably through calculus).
- A cumulative GPA in prior education programs of at least 3.0.
- Completed University of Utah graduate school application and transcripts submitted directly to the admissions office; note: please apply to the correct program: computer designation for the MSOH degree is “Occupational Health Master of Science."
- GRE scores, quantitative, verbal, and written, from within the past five years (except for those with a prior US doctoral degree).
- TOEFL scores for international students.
- Three letters of reference.
- Goal statement not to exceed 500 words.
- Personal interview after the application is approved by the graduate school and RMCOEH admissions committee.
In order to accommodate applicants who come from a significant distance, personal interviews can be arranged at a mutually convenient time.
The programs admit students primarily for fall semester each year, although students may be admitted for spring semester.
Fall admission: April 1
An additional $30 late fee will be applied by the University of Utah Graduate School’s Admissions Office if your application is not completed by these deadlines.
Please see the University of Utah Admissions site for additional information regarding application documents, deadlines, and fees.