Thank you for your interest in in our admissions process. Once you learn more about our process you will recognize the many opportunities there are for you to become involved with the varied committees and assessments we have.
We rely on our University of Utah faculty to provide valuable perspectives and insight throughout the assessment process. Involvement may be as a member of the Admissions Committee, or one of several sub-committees including Standardized Video Interview (SVI) Reviewers, Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) Reviewers) or a process review committee. The time commitments varies depending on which activity you participate in.
Currently, we have openings for MMI evaluators, SVI reviewers, and other sub-committees charged with reviewing our process.
Commitments for all committees include:
- Meets most Tuesdays from October through mid-March from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Applicants are reviewed and final status is determined by this committee.
Standardized Video Interview (SVI) – Reviewer
- Participants are asked to review up to 20 video interviews over the 7 - month cycle August through January.
- SVI’s are 8 minute, pre-recorded asynchronous video interviews where Reviewers will follow a rubric to review and rank applicants.
- Videos may be viewed anytime from any PC, laptop, IPad or cell phone.
Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) – Evaluator
- Participants will manage their own schedule and may schedule themselves for 1 or both sessions.
- You will meet individually with up to 16 applicants (8 in each session) for 7 minutes each.
- Assessment Days are scheduled on select Monday and Fridays from September through January.
- Session 1 begins at 8:00 am – 10:00 am; Session 2 begins at 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Evaluators are provided with a secure website to schedule their MMI participation days and to rank the applicants.
- For those who do not have a laptop or IPad, one will be available if given advance notice.
For questions or additional information, contact the School of Medicine Office of Admissions at email@example.com or Goldie Kacinski at Goldie.Kacinski@hsc.utah.edu.
We will provide documentation for any faculty up for Faculty Appointment, Review and Advancement (FARA) who assist in this important mission of the University of Utah School of Medicine.
For those who participate, there will be Confidentiality Agreement and Conflict of Interest Policy that will need to be reviewed and signed. It can be found under the Volunteer Forms tab. Volunteers may not be eligible to participate if there is a conflict of interest such as a child, sibling, spouse or partner of a committee member applying for admission to the UUSOM for the 2020-2021 cycle.
We appreciate any assistance that you are able to provide.