International & DACA Students
International students must complete prerequisite coursework and obtain a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States or Canada in order to be considered for admission.
Upon acceptance, international students will be considered non-residents and will pay out-of-state tuition rates for the entirety of their medical school enrollment.
Students must hold granted U.S. citizenship, granted permanent residency, or granted refugee or asylum status to be eligible for Utah residency and in-state tuition rates. International students on visas are not eligible for Utah residency.
Undocumented & DACA Students
Students with undocumented or DACA status are eligible to apply to the UUSOM and will follow the same application process as all other applicants during the cycle.
Students are also encouraged to utilize the following University of Utah resources:
Undocumented students attending institutions of higher education in the state of Utah are required to pay out-of-state tuition, unless they meet the requirements for House Bill 144.
House Bill 144 allows qualifying students to attend Utah universities and colleges by paying in-state tuition despite not having Utah residency status.
Qualifications for HB 144:
Undocumented students must meet the following requirements below to qualify for the HB 144 tuition waiver:
- They must be admitted as a student to the University of Utah
- They must have attended high school in the state of Utah for three or more years
- They must have graduated from a Utah high school or attained the equivalent of a high school diploma prior to the start of the term (i.e. GED)
- They cannot have registered for college classes prior to the Fall of the 2002-2003 academic school year
- They cannot have their first enrollment at an institution of higher education outside of the Utah System of Higher Education
- They must have filed an application to legalize their immigration status or will file an application as soon as they are eligible