Welcome Our New Provider, Dr. Matt Goodwin
Sep 1, 2020 12:00 AM
Matthew Goodwin, MD, MS, joins the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery as an Assistant Professor of Surgery.
Dr. Goodwin received his undergraduate degree from Indiana University and Master’s degree from Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis. He earned his medical degree from the American University of the Caribbean. He completed his General Surgery Residency at the University of Toledo, Toledo, OH. During his training, he completed a Surgical Critical Care Fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. He completed his Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency at the Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.Dr. Goodwin’s clinical interests include:
- Adult cardiac surgery including multiple arterial coronary revascularization, valve repair and replacement, aortic procedures, and arrhythmia surgery
- Acute and chronic/durable mechanical circulatory support
- Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Cardiovascular Critical Care
- Vascular tone and endothelial remodeling in heart failure and pulmonary hypertension
- Valvular heart disease in advanced heart failure
PRACTICE LOCATIONS: Cardiovascular Center at University of Utah Health Main Hospital and
the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
Learn more about Dr. Goodwin here.